Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Masala Paal / Masala Milk

I have had this masala paal/milk in many hotels and the one served in Vasantha bhavan is my fav! Hubby likes it so wanted to give a try at home and shud I mention abt the taste?!, simple n flavourful!

Masala Paal/Milk
Before I go to the recipe want to thank Ambika for passing me this award :


Ingredients:
Milk - 1.5 cups
Sugar - as per taste
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Cloves -2
Cinnamon - 1/2 inch stick
Cardamom - powdered from 2
Almonds - powdered not too fine
Saffron - 2 to 3 strands

Method:
1.Bring milk to boil, add turmeric powder, cinnamon and cloves. Stir and leave it for 2mins till the aroma of spices are well mixed with the mik.
2.Filter the milk and add powdered almonds, cardamom and saffron strands.Serve hot!

18 comments:

  1. wow..supera iruku sharmi...YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. masala milk luks yum..its gud for healthy..can take once in a while

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very inviting...good click too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the spices goin into the milk.......lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. You can pour this into ice cream moulds and have them frozen too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yappa!! sooooper! I can smell the aroma here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy yumm!! i love this! As Smitha said, popsicles of this would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy & delicious..nice colour.. my fav milk.. nice click..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely click of the Masala paal :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like a great recipe...never heard of this and its so easy and nutritious....will try it soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kalakitta Sharmi! Colour is so pleasing and inviting!

    I loved talking to you, Felt like talking to an old friend after long time! will call u,when i get time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Saravana Bhavan Masala paal! tasty one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very tasty! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete