Friday, April 1, 2011

Green Tea | How to make Green Tea

Green tea was first introduced to me by my project manager in the company I worked previously. She insisted to have it atleast twice a day and she did it too. The first look of it didnt impress me but later once when I was browsing and knowing the health benefits of it, I wanted to give a try and got Tetley brand from Nilgiris and now started making it regular.


It is slightly bitter but if bitterness is healthy and it can do good to our heart, can we not make a practise of taking green tea atleast twice a week..?! I do, atleast try to....! :)


Puliyogare Recipe




Ingredients:

  • Green tea powder -1.5 tsp
  • Water - 1 cup
  • Honey/Sugar - 1 tsp
  • Elachi powder - a pinch [optional] - I add it occasionally
Method:
  1. Boil water in a tea pot or pan. Once it starts boiling switch off and add the green tea powder.
  2. Allow it to get soaked for 3-4 mins. By now the color would be brown.
  3. Now strain the tea powder and add sugar/honey . Add a pinch of cardomom powder and enjoy your cup of green tea.


The tea powder is not as fine as normal ones, the green tea powder shown below looks like dried tea leaves :


Green Tea Recipe


I can never forget the incident when I first tried green tea. I was over excited after reading all the benefits from google, that I went straight to the kitchen and prepared green tea with milk not knowing that it should be prepared with water ;) Then googled how to make green tea reducing the bitterness and now everytime it comes out good.


Green Tea Benefits & Goodness:
  • Green tea has also been effective in lowering cholesterol levels
  • New evidence is emerging that green tea can even help dieters.
  • With green tea, you get two in one. Its fat burning property helps you to burn fat and also to exercise longer - at the same time.
  • Green tea anti-cancer prowess extends beyond its antioxidant activities.
  • Green tea is anti-diabetic. Green tea helps to fight against heart diseases and is good for heat too.
Green Tea Recipe
My Notes:
  • If you put the tea powder in boiling water as we do for normal tea, then it would become bitter. So add the tea powder once the water boils and switch off.
  • There are many flavours available in super markets, so choose ur pick and enjoy.
  • But believe me when made in the right way, bitterness can be avoided.


Green Tea Recipe


25 comments:

  1. I take green tea daily and it is an acquired taste for anyone to like it...I prefer twinings tea bags over tetley and especially their flavors r very nice..I do my green tea in microwave,simple n easy..just one cup needed,no messy wid strainer,vessel n all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though i too wasn`t so impressed with it when i tasted it the first time round, it has now become my fav..I keep buying diff flavors too so that i don`t get bored with the same taste..I love ur idea of adding elaichi powder to it..Next time il buy a plain one & try this version!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow sharmilee! Loved the way you have photographed the humble tea!!! Looks pretty stylish on that magazine i must say!! Lovely post dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get the green tea from Tetley with mint,lemon and ginger on my trips to India. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. though we get a lot of flavours and variety of green tea, i have never tried anything.Thanks for giving the health benefits of the tea.Beautiful cliks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very informative article....Loved the addition of elachi....Nice photo...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried green tea. This post is so informative and tempting as well. Will surely give it a try. My aunt was telling me about it too. Will buy it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking tea.I haven't tasted green tea.Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice healthy tea... Loved your clicks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one dear,loved your clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started having green tea since a year ago, beautiful captures Sharmi..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Green tea is my favorite, nice clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love green tea any time of the day...I prefer organic green tea..nice info...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love green tea...Lovely clicks Sharmi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Green Tea is one of my favroites too.. I enjoy with a bit of lemon juice to the tea.. Pics are too good..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Informative post. I love my green tea !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it, i drink atleast twice everyday..Its something we need to develop a taste for..Awesoem clicks Sharmi...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey sharmi..I have an award waiting for u in my blog..Do collect it :)
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh! I love green tea, without sugar or anything!, lovely click, this is the second tea I saw today

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a terrific blog Sharmilee, im lovin it :) good going!

    ReplyDelete