Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Masala Kuzhi Paniyaram

I've been eyeing this masala kuzhipaniyarams since I saw it in Nags space, made it for breakfast last weekend and it turned out very tasty. I didnt know that the paniyarams with dosa batter wud taste soo gud!
Masala Kuzhi Paniyaram
I replaced coconut with carrot and sauted all the ingredients before I added them to the batter.

Ingredients:
Dosa/Idly batter - 2 cups
Mustard seeds - 2tsp
Turmeric powder - 1tsp
Finely chopped Onion - 1
Finely chopped Green chillies - 1
Red chilli powder - 1 pinch
Hing - a pinch
Grated Carrot - 1 big size
Curry leaves - few
Salt - to taste
Oil
Masala Kuzhi Paniyaram
Method:
1.Drizzle oil, allow mustard seeds to splutter.

2.Add onions, chillies, carrot and curry leaves and saute for 5mins till onions turn light brown.

3.Add turmeric powder, hing, chilli powder and salt. Now add above to the dosa batter and mix well.

4.Heat the paniyaram pan add a drop of oil in each hole, fill in each hole with the batter, but not more than 3/4th full as the paniyarams will raise a little . Let it cook on the other side until its crisp.

5.Turn over and cook the other side. Serve hot with chutney!

Masala Kuzhi Paniyaram
The spices were well blended that it needed no sidedish but we had it with leftover coriander chutney...:)

24 comments:

  1. very tempting pics!!!looks crispy and perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you liked them! i sometimes make these to go with tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and cute paniyarams...

    ReplyDelete
  4. TEMPTING PANIYARAMS...nice presentation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics...and paniyaram looks perfect and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. very good they look..dosa batterla thaane mostly panuvanga paniyaram :)...and adding powders to the aniyaram sounds diff n yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look very inviting. I love these for breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  8. We end up using the last dosa batter into panniyaram or uttapam! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look completely irresistible! I could each a bunch of those, easily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good one.. I make them with dosa batter too and love it.. Thanks for sharing your recipe

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice recipe...but don't have the pan u mentioned :(( BTW very nice clicks

    ReplyDelete
  12. sharmi, im from collaborative curry, thankf for your comments. yummy recpes u have posted too! will be a regular here now! good clicks too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is something that my mom makes very often with the sour dosa/idli batter.. but she adds only the tempered onion and chilli's.. we can even make dosa's with this batter and it removes the sourness a little bit and tastes great with appropriate condiments. I make baked paniyarams here as I don't have the paniyaram pan... will post the recipe soon.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2nd pic is awesome.....my god you are so good at photography.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Often make with Sosa batter too looks perfect

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very tempting clicks...could I take one ,pl??...:D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love paniyaram very much.I can have it just as a snack .After seeing the pictures,I feel hungry now .New comer here
    Do drop by
    http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tooo good sharmi...:)...
    Excellent clicks...esp the last one!!!
    FYI sis learnt from me only...ok?? ;)..seeing my early post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Bharathy : Oh is it!? Havent seen this yet in ur blog....

    ReplyDelete
  20. loved the addition of veggies and masala. fantastic clck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow .. Paniyaram is perfect when they are crispy and crunchy ! The hard part is to find the Paniyarm Pan.. I tried all my Indian grocery store and finally I found it online with free shipping offer.

    http://www.perfectpeninsula.com/paniyaram.htm

    It is nonstick, cooks so quickly and taste so crunchier .. Enjoying every bite of it :)

    ReplyDelete