Sunday, September 6, 2009

Kuska Biriyani

This kuska rice comes of great help when u dont have any veggies in stock or no time for chopping. This is a very simple and comforting dish.
Kuska Biriyani
Ingredients:
  • Rice - 1cup (I used seraga samba rice, basmati rice can also be used but the timing to boil should be adjusted accordingly)
  • Onion -1/2
  • Tomato -1/2
  • Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
  • Cardomom - 1
  • Brinji leaf - 1
  • Cloves - 2
  • Cinnamom - 1 inch piece
  • Coconut milk - 2 tbsp
  • Ghee - 2 tbsp

To grind to a smooth paste:
  • Green chillies -1
  • Coriander leaves - 3 tbsp
  • Mint leaves - 3 tbsp
Method:
  1. Wash and soak rice for 10mins.In a kadai add 1 tbsp ghee add brinji leaf, cloves, cinamom, cardomom, onions, tomato and saute well. Now add ginger garlic paste and fry for 3mins

  2. Add the grinded paste and fry for another 2mins.Add rice to the above in a pressure cooker. Add 1.5 cups of water and coconut milk to it.

  3. Leave for 1whistle and sim it, Leave for 6-7 mins to cook. Add the remaining ghee on top.

  4. Serve with onion raitha. I had it with gobi manchurian, you can find manchurian recipe here

I have been tagged by Bharathy, Thank you bharathy I completely enjoyed it
The rules :
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share the ABCs of you.
4. Tag 4 people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let the 4 tagged people know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Do not tag the same person repeatedly but try to tag different people, so that there is a big network of bloggers doing this tag.

The Tag:
1. A – Available/Single - None
2. B – Best friend? Hubby
3. C – Cake or Pie? Cake
4. D – Drink of choice? Choc Milkshake
5. E – Essential item you use every day? Obviously its my mobileS
6. F – Favorite color? Brown
7.G–Gummy Bears Or Worms? Gummy Bears
8. H – Hometown? Coimbatore
9. I – Indulgence? Shopping
10. J – January or February? February
11. K – Kids & their names? Daughter - Dhiksha
12. L – Life is incomplete without? My family and friends
13. M – Marriage date? 02-02
14. N – Number of siblings? One
15. O – Oranges or Apples? Oranges
16.P – Phobias/Fears? Phobia with Insects
17. Q – Quote for today? Live the moment as if you are going to die the next minute!
18. R – Reason to smile? There are many actually : Music, Charity, Long drives, Watch the rain hmm... but now the one that tops everything is mittu's smile :)
19. S – Season? Spring
20. T – Tag 3 People? See below
21. U – Unknown fact about me? Very sensitive
22. V – Vegetable you don't like? Greens
23. W – Worst habit? Nail biting
24. X – X-rays you've had? For toothache
25. Y – Your favorite food? Sambar sadam, Rotis with any side dish
26. Z – Zodiac sign? Libra

And I am tagging Sri Valli , Sakshi , Arundhuti and Mahima

16 comments:

  1. This rice looks yumm.. and the name is absolutely new to me. Will try it out soon.

    Here for the first time and should say you have a lovely blog. I like your clicks. Keep it going. will be back often. following you now.

    Do take a peep into my blogs when you find time.

    Nithya
    www.4thsensesamayal.blogspot.com
    www.nitsarts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious kushka sharmile.. will try it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious rice dear..congrats on ur awards and nice to know about u

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice recipe Sharmilee....collect your award from my blog....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious & Yummyy rice... Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the look of that garnish right there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dhiksha is a beautiful name!
    Rice looks mouth watering :) was good to know more about u :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow sharmilee I love this rice so much.. looks so good and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow...that's an simple and comforting bowl of rice......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kuska with samba rice should taste great! Delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a new dish for me, but sounds and looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  12. New recipe for me. I first thought that Kuska was a type of rice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am fond of making this kuskha. Yours looks absolutely inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww you tagged me?? after knowing how much I hate doing them...sobs!! I would like a plate of that rice to make me stop crying...sobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, My hubby never likes rice varieties. Just gave this recipe a try...since then he likes eating this rice alone. Sometimes I add either veggies or mushroom to the rice. Like all your recipes since they are so simple and easy!

    ReplyDelete