Monday, September 21, 2009

Valakkai Podimas

Vazhakai can be made in several ways....this podimas/puttu is a simple yet flavourful sidedish! I like this more than the usual fry. Dont mind on the spelling mistake in the pic, so lazy to work around again ;)

Raw Banana/Vazhakai Podimas

Ingredients:
Raw Banana -1
Onion - 1
Grated coconut - 3tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Urad dal - 1tsp
Green chilli -1
Oil - 2tsp
Garlic cloves- 2
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Salt to taste

Method:
1. Boil the banana for 2 vessels, spread it out and keep aside
2. Drizzle oil, add mustard seends allow it to tamper. Add urad dal, green chili,garlic then onions, saute well , sprinkle turmeric powder.
3. Add coconut and saute till it turns light brown.
4. Now add the shredded vazhakai and saute well. Add salt to taste.

10 comments:

  1. One of hubby's favorites... I don't add onion though. I think i should try it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks healthy & simple...Your blog is very Nice with many delicious & lovely looking recipes....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharmi...

    The new look of your blog is very exciting and refreshing! And your pictures look absolutely inviting. Great work! :)

    Thanks for tagging me and for your award dear. Just now I had a look at it. Its a great pleasure. We are moving now again, so a lot of work. So I'll come back to blogging in a while. See you then.
    -Priya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vazhakkai is my hubs favorite..ButI havent yet shredded it n tried Sharmi..lazy always..:D..but that way it'll taste lot better as I can see from your pic..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for reminding me of this :) i had posted it long back and never made it again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow one of my fav curry with plantain and potato.. Looks gorgeous ur click is really fantastic. Picture perfect.. I am really tempted..

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time here, u have a cute space...Vazhakkai podimas looks awesome!!!love the pics...

    ReplyDelete
  8. My ma in law simply loves this dish and makes so well that I've never attempted.. :)..will try your version sometime sharmi :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Raw banana is one of my favorite vegetable and love to try differnt variations. This with onion is new to me.

    ReplyDelete