Friday, January 8, 2010

Hot Masala Tea / Garam Masala Chai

I am not much of a tea person....But this cold weather makes me crave for hot tea with some biscuits during evenings and I made this masala tea on one such saturday! And it was on a dull cloudy evening....Only when I was editing the pic my mother said the pic wud have been more appealing with the froth in the tea....not that patient to click it again so posting this itself.

Hot Masala Tea

Ingredients :
Tea powder - 2 tsp
Milk - 1 cup
Ginger grated - from 1/2 inch piece
Cardamom - powdered from 1
Cloves - 2
Sugar - to taste

Method:
1.Boil milk and add all the above except sugar to the milk.

2.Bring it to boil again.Simmer for 2 mins.

3.Filter and add sugar, ur masala tea is ready.Serve hot!

And did I tell u, finally I got my OTG(Oven Toaster Griller) so more baking experiments coming on my way.....stay tuned :) Happy weekend!!

Ragi is my favourite grain And I am sending my Ragi Kozhukatati and Ragi roti to JFI- Ragi


10 comments:

  1. Great for this cold winter, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice click....A great tea for the freezing climate

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm a tea fanatic :-) the pic looks gud sharmilee. i add a stick of cinnamon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome click Sharmi, prefect hot tea for chilled weather..

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love tea,u gimme any time of the day I am ready to drink it....I make tea masala athome,so its handy when we want to add the masala..loved the hotel style tea mug..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi sharmilee, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a beautiful comment to, I wanted to see who you are!! and here I see a masala chai, which is what I need now!!, it is so freezing cold here, you have lovely blog dear, will be visiting you often

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats something I badly wanna grab from the screen.... Tea, I can have it anytime!!! Such a tempting click it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm.. its snowing here.. and masala tea with some pakoras is a good idea.
    will make this today!

    Cheers

    Jyoti

    www.theveggiehut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I like your masala tea.Adding cloves is new to me .I am going to prepare it adding cloves today.Thanks
    http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete