Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Celebration Chocolate Cake for New year 2011!

Chocolate cake is my fav so love to try different versions of it, though this moist chocolate cake is always my fav and only now I have perfected it after so many tries.


This chocolate cake with eggs is the recipe I saw from Nithis space and bookmarked it. Having confirming it with her twice(becos most of my choc cake attempts fail for the first time), I baked it for my friends before leaving Chennai. This cake is a keeper as this is the first time I am getting a perfect chocolate cake in my first try...I gave her link to my sisinlaw, she too tried it and gave me good feedback. So to me this is sure a no fail recipe and as her caption says it is perfect chocolate cake.
Celebration Chocolate Cake
The first time I remember calling Nithya was to ask about the muffin pans and never felt I am talking to her for the first time. I've always admired her presentation skills the area I struggle so much. And I'm glad to have known such a creative and friendly person.The strain she takes for every post OMG I can never imagine to go that extra mile anytime. Kudos to you Nithi!


Ingredients:
  • Maida - 1 and 3/4 cups (250 gms)
  • Eggs - 2
  • Milk - 1 cup (250 ml)
  • Cooking Oil - 1/2 cup (125 ml)
  • Boiling water - 1 cup (250 ml)
  • Powdered sugar - 1 and 1/2 cups (250 gms)
  • Cocoa powder - 3/4 cup (100 gms)
  • Baking powder - 1.5 tsp
  • Baking soda - 1.5 tsp
  • Salt - 1/2 tsp
  • Vanilla essence - 2 tsp
Method:
  1. In a bowl, sift together maida, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder atleast twice to ensure even spreading.


  2. In a seperate bowl,Beat eggs till fluffy, add milk, oil, boiling water and vanilla essence and beat well using a whipper or electric mixer.


  3. Now add the maida cocoa mixture in parts to the egg milk mixture and mix well making sure no lumps are formed. The batter is little runny.


  4. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and flour the baking pan and pour the batter and bake it at 180°C for 30-35mins. Check if a fork inserted comes out clean, then your cake is done.


  5. Cool on wire rack for 15 mins and then slice it into pieces. The cake is ready to have it as such or frost it.


Celebration Chocolate Cake


My Notes:
  • I dont prefer frosting so made frosting just for a piece of cake alone with 1 tbsp butter, 1 tsp cocoa powder and 2 tsp sugar.


  • This cake measurement is actually for a layer cake type with 2 cake pans but since I wanted it plain and small I measured with a small cup accordingly. So if you are planning to use 200gms as 1 cup then you may need 2 cake pans.


  • The batter is runny but after getting baked its perfect. The cake was very soft and did raise well.


Celebration Chocolate Cake


The texture and softness of this cake is simply stunning that you cant stop with one piece. And I am sure this would be close to the bakery ones if made layers and frosted. Have in mind to give it a try but dono when?!


New year is fast approaching and it seems to me like 2010 went so fast. I pray for good health and prosperity for all in the coming year too.


Celebration Chocolate Cake
Wishing you all a very happy new year 2011 !!


37 comments:

  1. wow.mesmerised by ur choco cake.....my fav too.planning to prepare a cake with frosting for this new year..keep in mind abt ur tips.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing dear. If you are still online, please feel free to update the post and link it to Aipi and mine "Bookmarked Recipes - Every Tuesday" event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate cake's my husband's all time favorite too so it HAS to be thr for every special occasion! Your recipe looks great. another one added to my list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious nice chocolate cake. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cake looks so good and tasty .. yummm
    And I really appreciate the way you make people like me so comfortable towards baking with your strong and positive write up :)
    Wish you too a very Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super delicious cake :) Looks absolutely neat and damn tempting. :)I love the partial frosting and the cute color jeera mitai decoration too :) Simple yet classic :)

    Thanks for writing abt me :) you are sure a great friend for life time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cake sharmi. Perfect for new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The toppings are making the cake look very enticing...
    Kurinji

    ReplyDelete
  9. The toppings are making the cake look very enticing...

    Kurinji

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cake looks super soft and delicious Sharmi, lovely jeera mittai decoration and frosting, Happy new year wishes to u and ur family dear..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anything in chocolate is good but this is super good, not just the cake but "YOU"...humble,kind and loving...God bless.
    Happy NewYear..
    Reva.
    www.kaarasaaram.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummy chocolate..nice presentation too..like d toppings too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cake has come out very well, Sharmilee! Looks moist and chocolaty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Moist n droolworthy cake!!! Love the frosting on top...Awesome presentation too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks so tempting,perfectly baked and lovely presentation..yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  16. cake looks great.... wish you a happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowwwwwwww.. Looks so soft and delicious.. amazing shots !!

    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome...I loved those jeera candy sprinkles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very moist and delicious cake for the upcoming year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow. look so festive n nice..love it!


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  21. its so cute you made frosting for just one slice. happy new year sharmi :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very moist and delicious looking cake!

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Nithi : No doubt abt it! :)
    @Nimi : You are the one who always encourage me, thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a good looking cake!

    Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The cake looks so pretty and festive!
    Happy New Year!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  26. cake looks yummy and moist...loved it

    ReplyDelete
  27. delicious chocolate cake and presentation
    happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank u all, and wishing you all a very happy new year too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. mindblowing choclate cake for the coming year..wish u in advance...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Perfect for New Year :)

    Wish you a very happy new year.May this year be filled with all that is best and beautiful in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yummy n moist cake...happy new year...

    ReplyDelete
  32. good looking cake that too a chocolate one ;-) jeeraka mittayiya decoration? unique! happy new year to you, little dhiksha and all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great looking cake..Bookmarked to try!

    ReplyDelete
  34. oh that is such a cute cake specially that little mittai simple and elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Y u r not calling me??,even i am good at cakes...jus kidding....nithi is too friendly person....so does her cakes..

    ReplyDelete