Thursday, August 13, 2009

Akkaravadisal for Gokulashtami

Heya I am thoroughly enjoying my break from work with my lil one!! Hope u all had a great Gokulashtami(Krishnar Jayanthi) 2day. When I was glancing the newspaper yest saw the Krishna sweets Akkaravadisal ad and that tempted me. This is the 1st time we are trying this, got the recipe from my aunt, amma made it and my part is only clicking and eating it :)


Akkaravadisal


Ingredients:
  • Moong Dhal / Pasi parupu- 1 cup
  • Raw rice / Pacharisi - a handful
  • Milk - 2 cups
  • Water - 1 and 3/4 cups
  • Sugar - 1cup
  • Ghee - 2 tbsp (To make it low fat we reduced it,otherwise add 1/2 cup)
  • Cashew,raisins - few
[Actually the orginal recipe calls for only milk and no water but as its low fat version we subsituted with water]


Method:
  1. Roast dhal and rice for 3mins.Add milk, water tothe above and pressure cook them in sim for 8-9 mins till the rice and dhal is mashy.


  2. Add sugar and stir it till it dissolves completely. Stir it continuosly till the mixture solidifies.




  3. Fry Cashews and raisins in ghee and add to the mixture.


  4. Serve hot with melting ghee on top!


9 comments:

  1. Same pinch. I'm making a similar post tomorrow. But it's a recipe from my friend. Have a look at it tomorrow.
    The recipe is very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice recipe dear...nice click too...you have a very interesting blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady you are super lucky to have your mom with you!!! I am JEALOUS. This tastes like pongal ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this dish name brought back some memories from the first time i heard it and couldn't pronounce it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make a similar one and use jaggery.

    Yours look tempting enough.. Shall try it with sugar sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dish looks yummy though I am still trying to pronounce it..:)..

    ReplyDelete
  7. u r tempting me dear...happy krishna jeyanthi

    ReplyDelete
  8. anything with moong daal impresses me, partly due to its health reasons....now have one more reason to try this recipe.....nice clicks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahaa, akaravadisal pramadham! u have a superb blog dear, thnx for the visit

    ReplyDelete