Monday, August 24, 2009

Wheat/Gothuma Sweet Roti

I tried Nags wheat roti, When I tried for the 1st time it was a lil burnt but no compromise in the taste. But I was not satisfied so made it again in the same week, it came out very well and tasted heavenly though the pic didnt turn out well! :(

Wheat/Gothuma Sweet Roti
Ingredients:
Wheat flour / atta - 3 cups
Jaggery - 1/2 cup powdered (Can be adjusted according to liking )
Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
Powdered cardamom - 1/2 tsp
Salt - one pinch
Ghee - to cook

Method:
1. Add jaggery to a bowl with 2 tbsp water. Let it boil for about 5 mins until the jaggery melts.Strain to remove impurities and set aside to cool.

2. Mix the atta, salt, cardamom and coconut until well combined and mix well.

3. Add the cooled jaggery water to the above mixture and combine well. Add enough water and keep combining until you get a sticky,loose dough.Divide the dough into small balls.

4. Heat a tawa, add few drops of ghee. Flatten the dough with ur fingers on the tawa, If its too sticky add some ghee.

5. Turn and cook the other side until brown. Serve hot!

15 comments:

  1. Roti looks very tempting.. lovely color.. thanks for sharing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ganesh chaturthi to you & your family dear :)
    Goduma Roti looks Divine....
    Soup 'N Juice Event is going on in my blog.Please do participate in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roti looks great and healthy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thats looking so good and delicious and offcourse healthy too,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. what are you saying?? they look so good sharmilee. thanks for trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow...that's a simple and yum recipe....

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.. u have wonderful & yummy recipes.. first time here. added u in my blogroll. great clicks.. kodumai roti is new to me.. thxs for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks nice.Also this is like a easy and fast version of poran poli.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my site and your lovely comment ! The roti looks lovely, wonderful picture too....I make a version of dosa with similar ingredients that tastes awesome, I have posted it on my site in case u want to check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops forgot to give you the link with my comment here it is...
    http://veginspirations.blogspot.com/2008/08/wheat-flour-pancake-sweet-vellam-dosai.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice recioe...I love adding jaggery to my sweet dishes, it tastes a lot better than sugar ....BTW your click is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah..what's wrong with the pics??..
    In fact I was kinda with blocked brain while explaining the recipe to my sis..;)..
    Glad to note, that you tried..

    Hope you like vendakka thoran...My husband hates it...:(..me too not a fan...

    ReplyDelete
  13. BTW the third pic in the header, here...the verandah of some hotel?seems very familiar to me..!!!is it somehere in the south???

    ReplyDelete