Saturday, March 26, 2011

Paneer Bhurji Recipe | Paneer Recipes

Recently had some home made paneer which was in a semi crumbled state so that was the reason I tried my hands at Paneer Bhurji. I would say its vegetarian scrambled egg :) Its mild yet flavourful and goes well with rotis and rice too.
Paneer Bhurji Recipe




Ingredients:

  • Paneer - 1 cup
  • Onion - 1 finely chopped
  • Tomato - 1/2 chopped (I dont like tomato pieces much so reduced you can add 1 whole tomato too)
  • Capsicum - 1 finely chopped
  • Green chillies - 1 finely chopped
  • Turmeric powder - a generous pinch
  • Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Jeera(Cumin seeds) - 1 tsp
  • Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
  • Coriander leaves - 1tbsp to garnish
  • Oil - 2 tsp
  • Salt - to taste


Method:
  1. First crumble paneer well and keep aside.
  2. Heat oil in a kadai add jeera allow it to crackle. Now add onion, green chillies and tomato then saute for few mins until onions turn golden brown and tomatos are slightly mushy.
  3. Now add capsicum and saute for 3mins. Then add salt, turmeric, red chilli, garam masala powder and mix well. Capsicum should be firm and crunchy.
  4. Now add the crumbled paneer and saute for 2mins until the masalas get blended with the paneer.Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve warm with rotis or use in a sandwich.


Do you want to know how I used my paneer bhurji, then stay tuned to check the post that is coming up soon :)


Paneer Bhurji Recipe


32 comments:

  1. Love paneer bhurji....it is one of d most favorite n wanted dishes at home..urs look yumm...it is very versatile,we can use it in parathas,toasts,rolls wat else??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried making bhurji with paneer. Looks so good. I should surely give it a try..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a simple recipe and ingredient,never tried at my kitchen even once,thats coz the first time I had in one friend's place she made it with ginger,so I never developed interest on trying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,

    Lovely paneer bhurji dear..Am yet to try my hand at this...Yours looks perfect...:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav...!! I love it with toats too or just plain as a starter...Urs is a perfectly scrambled paneer!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried this.. Looks very nice.. will try for my doter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice burji and lovely pics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely clicks. Awesome recipe Sharmi. I can have it with almost anything. Appadiye Saapiduven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite ways to finish up homemade paneer too.Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my all time fav.Simple yet delicious one.love ur version and clicks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply irresistible paneer bhurji,very addictive dish for the sure..

    ReplyDelete
  12. simple and Yummy recipe....lovely captures..

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful sidedish which goes with anything! :)..a snack or a main meal too :)

    Nice recipe, sharms!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have an award waiting for you
    http://cookingfoodie.blogspot.com/p/awards-and-winnings.html
    Scroll to the bottom of the page...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mouthwatering dish...makes me very hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks delicious Sharmi, I have made this once and my husband did not seem to like them and I have not made it yet. Maybe I should give it a try again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. delicious combination looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it in wraps n rolls..looks yummy!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow...tempting burji...Me too used to make it often with tofu...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Paneer is always welcomed in any form. Delicious presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...looks extremely drool worthy....off late i was thinking to make this....this boots me to make it right now....very yum...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Delicious paneer burji, am waiting for your next post Sharmi....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love paneer bhurji..Yours look very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Panner burji looks awesome. nice one

    ReplyDelete
  25. would love to try this. a gr8 snack
    first time here, would love to revisit
    food-fanatic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is my all time fav. True we can call this vegetarian bhurji :)
    Looks Delicious.

    Cheers,
    Satrupa

    http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes it is going to be rolls...watch out for the next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have tried these for making bread rolls once and loved it :) Now you have reminded me of it and got to give it a shot again :)

    The shell shaped bowl is really nice :)

    ReplyDelete