Sunday, March 13, 2011

Paneer Tikka Masala and Paneer Tikka Recipe(Stove-top method) | Paneer Recipes

My constant order in restaurants after PB masala is this Paneer Tikka masala. I found this recipe in vahrevah and quickly tried it. It tastes almost close to the restaurant type gravy.I was totally surprised when I heard him saying that this is the top veg paneer side dish in most of the restaurants.


I have recently tried paneer tikkas in oven and thoroughlly enjoyed it.I felt the smoky flavour is the best in these tikkas which will be missing in stove top method. But for paneer tikka masala stove top method works good. For the individual tikkas grilling option is better than the stove top so check out for my 'paneer tikka in oven' post.


Paneer Tikka Masala Recipe




Paneer Tikka Masala Recipe
Recipe Source : Vahrevah.com
Serves 2


Ingredients:
For the Paneer Tikka marination:
  • Paneer - 15 cubes
  • Thick/Hung Curd - 3 tbsp
  • Chilli powder - 1tsp
  • Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
  • Garam masala powder powder - 1 tsp
  • Dried kasturi methi leaves - 1/2 tsp
  • Lemon juice - 1 tsp
  • Salt - to taste
  • Capsicum - 1/2 cubed
  • Onion - 1/2 cubed
  • Tomato - 1/2 cubed
  • Oil - 1 tsp


For the Tikka Masala:
  • Tomato puree - taken from 3 tomatoes (comes to 1 cup)
  • Onion- 1
  • Jeera - 1/2 tsp
  • Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
  • Maida - 1tsp
  • Chilli powder - 1 tsp
  • Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
  • Coriander powder - 1 tsp
  • Oil - 1tbsp






Paneer Tikka RecipeMethod:
  1. Making hung curd: If you dont have thick yogurt then hang 1/4 cup curd in a muslin cloth and keep aside for 30mins, Your hung curd is ready. This makes about 2-3 tbsp of hung curd which is required for this recipe.


  2. First mix curd with masala powders, kasoori methis,lemon juice, salt to a fine paste then add paneer, tomato and capsicum to the fine paste and marinate for an hr. After an hr (by this time make the gravy ready) roast the marinated paneer along with capsicum and tomatoes in a tawa until slightly golden brown then drain in a tissue paper and keep aside.


  3. Prick them alternatively in a tooth pick and enjoy ur stove top paneer tikkas.
Paneer Tikka Masala RecipeFor the Paneer tikka masala :
  1. Heat oil, add jeera allow it to splutter then add onions and saute until slightly golden brown.Add ginger garlic paste saute for a min. Add maida, salt, turmeric and coriander powders and mix well.


  2. Add tomato puree, chilli powder and saute until oil oozes out and the gravy thickens.Once the raw smell of tomato leaves add 1/2 cup water and allow it to boil for 2mins. Adjust salt if required.


  3. Then add the roasted paneer to the gravy and allow it to cook for 5mins. Then garnish with coriander leaves, mix once and switch off.
Paneer Tikka Masala RecipeMy Notes:
  • Maida is added to thicken the gravy says the chef. Ever since I started watching his cooking videos I have been referring a lot from his site, he makes things simpler and easier than it is.


  • Always roast the marinated paneer when the gravy is about to complete may be you can start roasting them in parallel when the tomato puree gets cooked.


  • You can skip tomatoes if you dont like them and add different color capsicums.
Paneer Tikka Recipe

42 comments:

  1. paneer tikka is my fav starter...n paneer tikka masala is d most fav one of mine,then after only our PBM 4 me..:)
    looks really yumm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy one,looks very delicious and loved the clicks too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paneer tikka looks perfect ...
    Plz do collect the award waiting for u in my awards page
    http://panchamrutham.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!delicious n tempting tikka masala!!!nice pic n click!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. looks perfect and tempting.. awesome shots dear !! thanks for the recipe :)

    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. I haven't had paneer tikka masala before and the name by itself is making me drool. I recently started loving tikka and your pics are making me really crave for it. I love the 4th pic the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look super yummy and tasty... Would love it with rotis.. Lovely pics...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too tried his version and it came out so well Sharmi. Yet to post it though. I'm really slow in posting. clicks are so good dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tasted this once in a restaurent here and wanted to try this for a long time, but somehow when i tried twice we all ended up eating the tikkas and nothing was left to make masala. Great clicks and super yummy one

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks yum and so tempting ..love the pics ..I love vahrevah version too

    ReplyDelete
  11. This recipe of paneer tikka is really worth try, I always do it in oven, but never on stove top.
    clicks are good

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anything with paneer are always most welcome here, tikka masala looks extremely irresistible,fantastic clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats a drool worthy gravy sharmi!!! Trying this version out real soon!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharmi, paneer tikka masala looks absolutely delicious, loved the texture of the curry :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it more than the PBM..the smoky tandoori paneers in the creamy tasty gravy is just irresistible!
    Nicely done Sharmi..


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect and tempting,wonderful starter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply awesome.. I am huge fan of Paneer dishes.. This one goes to my bookmarked folder:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish I could run away with those skewers! lovely, nice clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW looks like a awesome platter..

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love paneer tikka masala a lot and lot...nothing i can say except pls pass me that here ...Pictures are super !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am loving the soup, parathas, egg curry, the cooler, and now this classic panneer dish in the home page!


    PS-When are you going to invite me for dinner with these lovely treats ;) ??..DO it soon pls..i cant just wait ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Superb..nice clicks n they looks so yumm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow..looks so perfect and yummy...and an awesome presentation....feel like having it right now..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tempting pics, Sharmi..Delicious paneer tikka masala, love it with rotis!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Delicious paneer tikka masala Love the clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The click makes me drool, the dish looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Delicious paneer tikkas and curry.

    ReplyDelete
  28. dropped in your blog for the first time .. and you have some great display out here :) saving you in my blogroll!
    www.kankanasaxena.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both your paneer tikka and its masala look amazing and mouth watering :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh wow sharmilee. This looks gorgeous!!! Would love to try this. Bookmarked the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. A scrumptious treat for a paneer fan like me :)

    Lite Bite

    ReplyDelete
  32. The paneer tikka masala looks great...would surely try this next time I get paneer...loved the colour and texture of the dish.

    ReplyDelete
  33. beautifully done.... amazing color on those lovely paneer
    ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. PTM looks great... true taste for paneer lover like me..

    ReplyDelete
  35. The smoky paneer looks delicious ....... my all time fav starter.

    Cheers,
    Satrupa
    http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh what a co incidence! I recently made Chicken tikka masala for my blog (I know u saw the post!) and my vegetarian friends were giving me a hard time for not thinking of them. Now I can just send your post to them and throw the ball in their court :-)
    Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely,colorful recipes.I have tried this tikka by altering with tofu(soya paneer) by using your vege.ingredients.Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  38. I absolutely love paneer tikki masala, I always order it at restaurants but have never tried to make it myself. Now that I've found this lovely recipe I will have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete