Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oats Cookies / Oats Cornflakes Cookies

I tried these oats cookies sometime back and in the same week I tried it twice one with the orginal measurement and the next time a low fat version. I liked both of them as I luv oats in any form, so me and amma enjoyed these cookies and it was emptied in no time that I baked another batch just for click sake :) It is sure a keeper and a winning recipe!!


I tried these cookies from 4th Sense Cooking and wanted to post it on her special day...Happy Bday Nithi!! :) Hope you have a wonderful day as wonderful as you are!!


Oats Cookies Recipe
Yay!! Finally I got my measuring cups set the pink ones u see in these pics....All these days I had only 1 cup and 1/2 cup with which I used to measure manually. Though it didnt let me down in most of my baked goodies I was crazy and keen in getting a set. The most common ones I found in Chennai was a red set and I didnt want in red so was waiting....


After moving to CBE, I almost visited all branches of Nilgiris and finally when I found it in Race Cource branch, my joy knew no bounds. These days I feel so happy in shopping for mittu and Sharmis Passions than for myself. Thanks to hubby for taking so much strains to get me these cups.


Oats Cookies Recipe
Okay with no further delay onto the recipe :) The recipe is very simple and quick to make




Ingredients:
  • Oats - 3/4 cup
  • Cornflakes - 1/4 cup
  • All purpose flour - 3 tbsp
  • Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
  • Butter/cooking oil - 1/4 cup
  • Salt - 1/4 tsp
Method:
  1. Grind oats, brown sugar and cornflakes each seperately to a fine powder and keep it aside.


  2. Beat butter and powdered sugar until creamy. Then add powdered oats, cornflakes,maida, salt and make a dough. Flatten it slightly and wrap it in a plastic sheet and chill it for 15mins.


  3. Take out the dough, pinch equal balls from it and roll them smoothly as possible then press it lightly with your palm with less pressure. Then dip the fork in flour and press it slightly to get those lines on your cookies.


  4. Preheat oven to 180 deg C to 10mins. Meanwhile line a baking tray and place these cookies leaving atleast 1/4 inch gap between each cookie.


  5. Bake the cookies for 15-20mins(not more than that) till the base turns golden brown. Cool them and then store it in airtight container and enjoy ur cookies!






Oats Cookies Recipe
Low fat version Ingredients:
  • Oats - 3/4 cup
  • Cornflakes - 1/4 cup
  • Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
  • Wheat Flour - 3 tbsp
  • Milk - little less than 1/4 cup (add and adjust accordingly)
  • Salt - a pinch
The method is the same as above. These low fat cookies are a bit chewy and crunchier while the orginal cookies are crispier. These are light teatime cookies and goes well with a hot cup of coffee.




Oats Cookies Recipe
My Notes :
  • Do not forget to leave sufficient gap between each cookies else the cookies will loose its shape.


  • The smoother the balls you make, your cookies will have less cracks. But still oats and cornflakes are crumbly in texture so will definitely have few cracks atleast , but our aim is to minimise it :)


  • Add a tsp of milk if your dough isnt getting together - adjust accordingly.


  • You can skip cornflakes and make it as plain oats cookies. If skipping cornflakes add 1 cup oats.


This click below was kind of intentional, most of the time my photoshoot is with mittu around. This time she was very tempted to see the sugar being placed so kept on trying to reach it while I was restricting her. At one stage I finally asked her to come and take while making myself ready for the click :)


See my little ant reaching for the sugar :)
Oats Cookies Recipe


I have tried many dishes from Nags Edible Garden, but this Corn in Onion Sauce is my fav so I am sending this to Blogger marathon event


Corn in Onion Sauce Recipe

42 comments:

  1. Looks yum and very tempting clicks ...the measuring cups are real cute sure worth the wait

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..lovely cookies and beautiful measuring cups too
    ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookies looks super yumm and ..little hands reaching the sugar is so cute. Love the measuring cups and the pictures are so clear and love it totally sharmi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great,so nice to post a special post to wish a friend :) pretty measuring cup clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! I love oat cookies and those are truly nice with that rustic look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect tea time snack for the kiddos to enjoy..dip dip and munch munch:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. for what a delicious n guilt free cookies
    Super Yummy Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice way to wish Nithya.
    Lovely perfect cookies.

    I love these measuring cups

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to wish nithi on her birthday. Oats cookies looks wonderful and i adore ur measuring cups.Cute click

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful just beautiful... love the clicks.. love the way u wrote two versions... and finally love ur cute cups for sure :D
    I will surely make this recipe.. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. really healthy cookies

    I have added Innovative salad event # 2 in the Cook healthy blog. This month's Theme is Fruits- Pineapple, strawberry or Apple. I would be really glad if you will link your salad recipes with this event. Please click on the link below for details

    Innovative salad event # 2

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those punk measuring cups.. So girly..
    Ur cookies are awesome sharmi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah luv those pink measuring cups :) And the cookies look so crunchy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cookies look really cute..so sweet of u to post on her b'day....
    and I have same measuring cups,but blue in color.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's one great cookie recipe. And those measuring cups look pretty cute as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rocking cookies!
    Healthy & must be tasty too! I love to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. a good tea time snack for kiddo'sss

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are one of the sweetest person I have ever known :) Hugssssss to you for this special post today :) One of the best ways you could have ever wished me :)

    Love the cookies and pics are fantastic. I love the pic with kutty's hand in it :) your low fat version is attracting me a lot and I will be doing it soon :)

    Thanks a million for your sweetest wishes :) And thanks for your gift too ;) Do take care and plan up to come soon :) waiting to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!!! Really sweet of u shrami to wish Nithya in such a special way..;) The cookies are perfectly baked & i can almost get the aroma!!! Bookmarked it...thx for sharing...
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  20. Superb Sharmi..... u r wonderful person and what a lovely way to wish Nithya .... the cookies look awesome... CBE-la shopping, that "Nilgiris" branch is my fav one to... I will be coming to CBE from UK next week.... would love to meet u....
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  21. the cookies look swell-- well done !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cookies has come out sooo well.
    The pink measuring cups r too cute...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that last pic of that tiny hand :-) cokies look so so perfect and yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those cookies looks soo prefect Sharmi, delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks yum and very tempting clicks ...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I want some! Those look so addictive. I could eat them all at once..loved those cute girly pink cups :)


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks very special,delicious and inviting cookies

    ReplyDelete
  28. delicious looking cookies with oats

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful clicks..looks absolutely delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Healthy oats cookies.Nice way to wish nithi on her birhday.I too have the same sets of measuring cups in pink which i got from Loyal world in mysore.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like that you have ground everything - must try it that way - looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  32. oats cookies looks dleicious, it has double crunch from oats and cornflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome cookies Sharmi, I loved its texture. Great clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful cookies...and I have a similar bowl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those pink cups are very feminine. What a great way to wish a blogger friend with her recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Cookies are perfect and attractive. Looks very addictive too.

    Aaha Oho

    ReplyDelete
  37. The cookies look like out of a magazine - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  38. said very neat and order receipe

    ReplyDelete