Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mango Milkshake

I have been waiting for the mango season....No no not that I am crazy after mangoes but I wanted to fill in Sharmis Passions with mango recipes :) I do like mangoes but I m very choosy as I like only banganapalli variety and have restrictions like the mango shouldnt very ripe and the color should be lemon yellow only.... yeah yeah too much right?! thats what my mother says too :)
Mango Milkshake Recipe
As I have said earlier, if I am not comfortable with any fruit then I have it in the form of shakes, juices or smoothies. Mango milkshakes are always my favourite so wanted to give a try at home. My mother loves mangoes be it any variety she can have it night and day even skipping lunch and dinner :) So this is for 'amma', the word has added more meaning after me becoming a mother :) Happy Mothers day!!




Ingredients:
  • Mango - 1 cup
  • Milk - 2 cups
  • Sugar - 3 tsp
  • Elachi powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
  • Ice crushed - 2 small cubes


Mango Milkshake Recipe
Method:
  1. Peel of the skin of mangoes and chop the mangoes roughly.
  2. Add 1/2 cup milk with mango cubes, sugar and crushed ice and blend it in a mixer until smooth for 10 seconds then add remaining milk and blend again until smooth.
  3. Add elachi powder, mix well. Your mango milkshake is ready in minutes.
Mango Milkshake Recipe
My Notes:
  • I like my milkshake to be thick, if you want it to be little runny then add 1/2 cup of milk more.
  • Adding elachi powder gives a good flavour , but its purely optional.
  • Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of the mango variety.
Mango Milkshake Recipe


30 comments:

  1. My favorite milkshake... Always love the color and flavor of mangoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..my fav milkshake....looks yummy and delicious...wonderful clicks to..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect and yummy,love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fav too, i have a combo mango milkshake coming up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love shakes and especially mango milk shakes :) They look so thick and yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yumm!! this is our favourite too!! I gotta have some !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's day Sharmi! The mango shake looks yummy.
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  8. The milk shake looks perfect sharmilee. Happy Mother's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sumptuous, super colored slupry drink :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sharmi
    You have a lovely space. And superb clicks too. Happy to follow you. Thanks for visiting my space..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love mangoes... wish i could eat your share too... :) I got a crateful of yummy mangoes and we are in the process of enjoying them. Milkshakes and lassis are a great way.. nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my all time fav. Who wouldn't love this one... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. tempting n yummy...looks droooooooolworthy..happy mothers day to u dear...
    sanyukta
    http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even i like my shake thick too, simply delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow , u make me droooooooolllllllll....;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like to drink this sometimes too,nice clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mango in any form is a treat for me...looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks so tempting and inviting.. awesome presentation dear... gr8 job !!
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  19. yet to search whether magoes are available here.adding elachi powder sounds interesting and flavouful too. nice clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful presentation..looks so refreshing and yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your mango shake looks great and I would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your clicks always tempt me..And today the mangoes and the shake make me drool...love it :):):)

    Aaha Oho

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a sucker for shakes, esp mango shakes. Pretty as a picture shots!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This tops the list of my most fav milkshakes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Best mangoes come from India. The mangoes here taste like wax...;-(
    I want to taste some of your smoothie ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks so delicious....I just love mangoes and this looks so cool perfect to beat the summer:)

    ReplyDelete