Thursday, January 20, 2011

Badam Kheer / Almond Kheer

Any cold beverage with milk as combination, am sold for it....:) I wanted to try badam kheer since long and a days craving for it pushed me to try it. And here goes the recipe:

Badam Kheer Recipe


Ingredients:
Makes 2 small cups
  • Badam - 10
  • Milk - 1.5 cups
  • Sugar - 2 to 3 tsp
  • Saffron - 2 strings
  • Cardomom powder - 1/2 tsp
Method:
  1. Soak badam in hot water for 10mins. Now press the badams to peal the skin off.

  2. Grind the badams with 1/2 tsp of water to a fine paste and keep aside.

  3. Boil milk in a wide bottomed pan,add sugar and simmer it for 10mins so till milk becomes slightly thicker. Now add the badam paste to the milk and mix well.

  4. Add saffron strands and cardomom powder.Allow it to boil for 5more mins. By this time the mixture starts getting thicker, switch off at this stage as it gets thicker with time.

  5. Garnish with chopped almonds and Serve hot or cold.


Badam Kheer Recipe

This is a very rich and tasty dessert that can be made with less effort too. I like my kheer to be served cold. Though the traditional badam kheer recipe is peeling the skin and grinding it.Sometimes I take the shortroute of just powdering almonds, sugar and mix it with milk whenever needed. Just powder almonds with sugar,then add saffron strands and cardomom powder. Your readymade badam mix is ready!

Either ways its tasty but grinding and making badam kheer has a unique taste. Happy drinking and have a great weekend!

Badam Kheer Recipe


32 comments:

  1. I have had this drink hot too. It tastes different when it is hot and it is yummy both the ways :) Love your short cut :) sooper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel like finishing that whole glass, my fav anytime..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love this to have it cold,yummy drink,this used to be my favorite for long time after rose milk :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love badam milk anytime...love it eithe rhot or cold...nice pics..

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...nice clicks Sharmi...too tempting with awesome presentation..
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Attractive presentation....Apt for this royal drink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite drinks...Gorgeous presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sharmi,
    Your instant mix is sold in the north as Doodh masala, it surely has a few more ingredients going into it. The hot badam milk is a delicacy during winter and we all relish it almost everyday these days.

    FOODELICIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a tasty drink presented in a tasty way...
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  10. My fav...Nice clicks...Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my fav drink....love it anytime and yours looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this.. great hot or cold :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Badam Kheer and I love the kutti mugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always use store bought powder....Thanks for the recipe 4m scratch..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks delicious Nice and healthy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this too..It's been ages since I made it..Now you've tempted me enough ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely pics and healthy toooo....loving it

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so delicious ,mouthwatering recipe.Gr8 clicks !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow.. i have a real craving for this now...
    gotto make it now..

    ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. badam kheer looks very tempting and delicious...loved it..

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love hot in winter night, we get a good sleep :) Love the cups :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the cute cups and the badam milk in that. Whenever i go to chennai i love to have this from saravana bhavan.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wish a large glass to drink! Looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the kheer.. looks so delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow love the kheer and the clicks.. thanks a lot for stopping by my blog.. u have a beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very delicious looking milk... I have tasted the readymade ones but this is looking super easy and yummilicious.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mmmmmmmmm yummy and my fav one.. Aadavan's fav too.. Wish I can have one glass from that first picture sharmi..

    ReplyDelete