Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chinese Veg Fried Rice - Restaurant Style

I've already posted veg fried rice recipe long before and as I promised I didnt take out the 'close to restaurant style' as however I tried I coudnt reciprocate the exact restaurant taste. Finally after watching a tv show, watching a chef making it live at wangs kitchen and trying out 2-3 times I can confidently say I have got my kind of chinese veg fried rice - restaurant style.
Chinese Veg Fried Rice Recipe


Ingredients:
  • Basmati rice - 1.5 cups [Any long variety basmati rice I used seraga samba rice]
  • Carrots - 2 small finely chopped
  • Beans - a fistful finely chopped
  • Cabbage - 1/4 cup
  • Onions - 1 medium sized chopped
  • Spring onions - a handful
  • Capsicum - 1 chopped finely
  • Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
  • Soya sauce - 1 tbsp
  • Chilli sauce - 1 tsp
  • Pepper - 2 to 3 tsp [I used freshly ground pepper powder]
  • Oil - 1 tbsp
  • Olive Oil - 2 to 3 tbsp
  • Salt - as required


Chinese Veg Fried Rice Recipe
Method:
  1. Rinse rice and pressure cook it with required water till rice grain is seperated. Add a tsp of olive oil and spread out the rice in a plate, keep aside. This makes the rice nonsticky while mixing. Chop the veggies finely lengthwise or cubes.


  2. Heat oil and olive oil in a kadai, add onions saute for 2mins and then add chopped garlic and saute till onions turn light brown. Then add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2mins.


  3. Add carrots, beans and cabbage and saute till they shrink and raw smell leaves. Add capsicum,spring onions saute with the veggies for 2mins then add soya sauce and chilli sauce keeping in high flame. Keep stirring continuously for 10 seconds, then simmer until the veggies are well blended with the sauce.


  4. Chinese Veg Fried Rice RecipeOnce the veggies are cooked, add pepper powder and mix well. Do not add water, as the veggies will become soggy instead on crunchy. Add required salt and mix well.


  5. Now add the cooked rice and mix well. Let the rice fry for another 3-4 mins . Garnish with spring onions and switch off. Serve hot with tomato sauce or gobi manchurian.
Notes :
Olive oil is the main secret, so dont skip it. It gives a unique restaurant flavour and taste. Also spring onions gives a good amout of chinese flavour to the fried rice.
Chinese Veg Fried Rice Recipe


34 comments:

  1. This is my most favorite dish and I used to crave for it almost every week :) The look of the pics above makes me crave for it :) yummy :) Mine is pretty much the same recipe too :) Perfect restaurant style must say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that rice looks amazing! It has made me HUNGRY!!!


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Indo Chineese verison, looks very delicious! I do`nt use MSG but I guess that gives it the extra flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chineseeeeeee ....... my fav :-) Looks delicious

    Cheers,
    Satrupa

    http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So colorful and delicious Fried rice...Absolutely Restaurant style...Recipe is too gud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yum and perfect...nice pics

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does look perfect - Fried rice and gobi manchurian - I want some right now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorites..I can make Chinese noodles confidently,but when it comes to fried rice,somehow I always feel something is lacking.Would love to try out your version!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fav too, looks absolutely yumm Sharmi..I just love u r clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fried rice looks very tempting,I love it so much in specific restaurants,this weekend sure gonna have this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its looking delicious. Love Chinese fried rice
    Cook Healthy

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks perfect and delicious...
    I always prepare fried rice using microwave oven. will definitely try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even i am a big fan of fried rice and i always order when we eat out.Will try with GG paste .Nice clicks

    ReplyDelete
  14. so inviting My all time favorite yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bang on for those restaurant flavors recreated at home! I can vouch that your's looks very much like the one u get outside, taste-wise it must be better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a colorful recipe :) .. Sharmilee.. I loved it.. I love the ingredient Spring onion.. I have tried this recipe earlier with my mom.. but we didnt add spring onions.. will try making it with the fresh green spring onions.. :) .. I love rice like this.. :) ..

    n hey you have a beautiful space here too.. :P
    Would love visiting it again.. :)

    you have got a follower now :D .. he he..

    Love,
    Megha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow,I must try this., i've tried so many chinese recipes from ur blog and everthying came out superb. Looks mouthwatering & kudos on ur effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I luv the indo chinese fried rice...Fried Rice luks Colorful..

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favourite anytime, sooo tempting fried rice..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pictures makes me hungry,fried rice looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. my fav too, looks so delicious and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  22. i am hungry now...this looks so very inviting..drooling..chinese cuisine is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks lovely yummy...It`s such a simple preparation but the taste never gets me tired..I can eat spoonfulls of indo chinese fried rice all day!!! My post on Restaurant Style Chinese Fried Rice gets the maximum hits everyday...

    Shobha
    www.anubhavati.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfect looking fried rice..I am drooling over those tempting pics..

    ReplyDelete
  25. My fav rice, very colorful and appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful clicks..looks so perfect and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. rathri mani 10.30...dinner over...irunthalum rommmmba venum pole irukku intha yummiyov rice patha :(

    ReplyDelete