Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mango and Vanilla Custard Verrines | Mango Custard Desserts

I am always bowled out by the idea of layered desserts so when I saw this in Vegbowl I know I'm surely going to try. Verrines are layered desserts in a small glass - the variation of layering is endless either sweet or savoury. I felt I didnt get the layers evenly but I say this is truely luxury in a shot glass :)
Vanilla Mango Verrines Recipe




Mango & Vanilla Custard Verrines Recipe
Recipe Reference : Veg Bowl


Ingredients:
  • Milk - 1 cup
  • Custard powder - 1 tbsp (or substitute with 1 tbsp corflour and 1 tsp vanilla essence)
  • Sugar - 3 tsp (Adjust sweetness according to your taste)
  • Thick undiluted mango pulp - 1/2 cup
  • Cherries - 1 tbsp chopped just for garnishing (optional)




Mango & Vanilla Custard Verrines RecipeMethod:
  1. Mix custard powder in 1/4 cup milk, mix well and keep aside. Heat the remaining milk with sugar, bring it to a boil and then add the custard powder milk mixture to it.
  2. Stir continuosly so that no lumps are formed. This will thicken up soon so keep stirring.
  3. When the mixture starts bubbling and looks thickened(if you pour, it should not be runny) switch off. Allow it to cool down completely.
  4. Now to assemble the verrines add a tbsp of prepared vanilla custard alternating it with a tbsp of mango pulp till it reaches the brim of the glasses. Add the chopped cherries in top.
  5. Refrigerate the verrines atleast for an hr and serve chilled.
Mango & Vanilla Custard Verrines RecipeMy Notes:
  • The custard seems to thicken very faster, so keep an eye and stir continuosly to avoid lumps.
  • The topping is of your choice, you can also add in nuts of your choice.
  • You can use 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup cream but I used milk as it was readily available in my kitchen as yes I was calorie conscious and also had the extra serving in mind when milk was used :)
  • Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of the mangoes and to ur taste.
  • The alternating flavours in every spoon was very yummy.
Mango & Vanilla Custard Verrines Recipe


Layered desserts are my fav both preparing and eating :) I usually make my desserts in a small glass as desserts are mostly had after our heavy lunch on sundays. Vanilla and mango flavours are always a winning combination and this one is no exception to it.


I always look forward for new interesting dessert ideas while hosting a dinner or lunch. And my choice is always a low fat one to help another serving.


Mango & Vanilla Custard Verrines Recipe
Other Verrines Ideas:
  • Strawberry yogurt verrines
  • Coffee and vanilla
  • Chocolate and vanilla
You can use the same base of vanilla flavoured custard powder and add coco powder or any other flavour accordingly.


Mango & Vanilla Custard Verrines Recipe

46 comments:

  1. WOW! What a delicious and pretty dessert! I love mango very much, please save a cup for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so tempted to try this ..... looks fabulous !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so simple and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmy Yummy!!! Am definitely going to try this delicious looking dessert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks so well done - decadent dessert!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous with the awesome colour combo and voila, a new dessert to please the sweet tooth .Yummylicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious and gorgeous looking dessert Sharmi...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woww.... looks absolutely perfect and delicious.. love it :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking Very Good, I must try this recipe, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple and yummy! Very much like mango custard but the way of serving is specialty and they are cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. simple n yummy dessert...looks yumm..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so yum ....I have the same to post too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reminds me of my Mango Yoghurt Verrines :)... Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too got bowled over your irresistible dessert!!

    Sunanda's Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy and Delicious.. Nice Ideas too..

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love them!!! such an eye catchy dessert..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely, Right from Mango to the end product verrine. Nice Setup for the picture! Kalakkura!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks scrumpy! Wish I could get some quality mangoes here...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummmmm!!!! I can sense the taste of the dish just by looking at the pics :)

    Pleasant background and lovely set of for the pics :) Like it loads :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thatz a delight to mango lovers like me:-)
    Cant stop admiring the yummy treat in those cute little shot glasses:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Delicious and gorgeous looking dessert..love it

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful clicks! I love mangoes and looks great with all the pleasant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yum yum yum! Looks gorgeous! Mango & vanilla - interesting combo!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simply exotic.. Love the mango and vanilla combo and the cute little shot glasses are super-pretty..

    http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com
    Event: Healing Foods - Banana

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks lovely and delicious.. love the presentation too :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful clciks..looks so so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow soooo beautiful,cute and damn pretty verrines, feel like having some..

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yum yum...such an amazing dessert..lovely combo..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very Delicious! Awesome clicks as well!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely presentation, Sharmilee! Like the layers in the dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks very yummy and excellent presentation. Nice clicks as always.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mango & Vanilla Custard Verrines is very much eye catchy. Makes me drool.

    http://sanscurryhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. ohhooo its pouring mangoes in the blog world!!I am loving all of them!! Awesome presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a refreshing treat for this hot weather -- loved the simplicity of the recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. such a easy and interesting dessert to impress the guests.neat clicks

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sharmi u made my day.....just awesome....wat a taste...as u said mango and custard combo tastes great....

    ReplyDelete
  37. These look so cute! Lovely clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just love the way you cook. You consider so many things and do it. Its just awesome and inspiring too. I loved this dessert and other recipes as well.

    Way to go...all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks interesting. Can you please tell me how much does 1 cup measure in ml. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  40. @Anonymous - My 1 cup measures 250 ml

    ReplyDelete