Sunday, June 5, 2011

Paneer Jalfrezi | Paneer Recipes

Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine went great too with my old friend meet up and family together times which I always look forward during weekends. Whenever guests arrive, the desserts and snacks section is always mine. This time I made paneer pizza and carrot kheer, my friend asked whether the base was also homemade as it was very soft :)
Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe


Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe:
Serves 2


Ingredients:

  • Paneer- 1 cup
  • Carrot- 1
  • Onion - 1
  • Capsicum - 1/2
  • Ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
  • Tomato puree - from 1 tomato
  • Tomato ketchup 1 tbsp
  • Red chilli powder 1 tsp
  • Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Jeera - 1/2 tsp
  • Salt - as required
  • Oil - 2 tsp


Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe
Method:
  1. Heat oil, add jeera and allow it to splutter. Add onions and ginger garlic paste saute until slightly browned.
  2. Now add the tomato puree and saute until raw smell leaves, this may take atleast 5mins. Add turmeric, chilli, garam masala powder and tomato sauce. Add required salt.
  3. Then add carrot saute for 2mins then add 3 tbsp of water and keep covered to let it cook. When the carrot turns slightly soft yet crunchy to bite, add capsicum giving a quick stir.
  4. Add the paneer cubes and toss it well until the .paneer cubes are well coated with the gravy. Allow it to cook for 2mins then switch off.
Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe
My Notes:
  • You can add any veggies of your choice, you add add corn, beans,cabbage - Its purely ur choice to go with the veggies.
  • Chop all the veggies thin and lengthwise to get cooked soon and crunchy
  • You can use readymade tomato puree also. I used freshly prepared homemade puree.
Recipe


As still the apartment work has not yet finished, the waste wood keep piling off and on. So my latest hobby being going round the apartment in search of food props.I got this wooden board (which I have used in these pics) from one of these unwanted wood bins :) The only thing that embarasses me is when the watchman asks "why do u always dig in that dust?" And I dont bother saying him that "I want some wooden planks for a project" ;) And he says I am the one who cleans that place often reducing his work he he


Paneer Recipes


Chop the veggies and paneer, you are done with this easy breezy side dish. This goes well with rotis, prathas and even rice with dhal which is my favourite combination. I love corn in jalfrezi but I didnt add the stock was over. And I am not used to use the frozen ones I went ahead with the veggies I had in hand.
Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe

41 comments:

  1. Woooow delicious paneer. Lovely clicks too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple n yummy one...looks nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......mouthwatering here. Superb one!!! Pics are inviting dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummmm.... Excellent clicks!

    -Lavanya
    http://recipecongeries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. simple and delicious paneer curry and nice clicks

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can be done in a jiffy,thats the specialty of jalfrezi dishes,yummy,I love it with both rice and roti :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow delicious one.. nice clicks..am going to make this for dinner to night was hunting for a perfect dish!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. paneer jalfrezi looks so inviting and tempting also........

    ReplyDelete
  9. your clicks are so tempting and panner is my favourite..am feeling hungry all over again..good one...

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a popular dish here in uk n i have always been intrigued by it...never tried it thogh...shall give it a go whn i get some paneer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, feel like grabbing that whole bowl and having rite now,highly addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummy dish!good with rotis and rice too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Inviting & delicious jalfrezi!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. delicious ! l like your blog.
    मेरी नयी पोस्ट पर आपका स्वागत है : Blind Devotion - स्त्री अज्ञानी ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never made paneer jalfarezi .. this looks simple & easy to make

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mouthwatering..delicious and tempting,will surely give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful clicks...curry looks yummy!! perfect with roti n rice

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome and tempting paneer...:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. superb recipe and clicks..looks very delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  20. SImple and an easy breezy fancy dish dear..I love paneer n so this is a winner for me

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my darling paneer is making my tongue water right now :) uuuuus yummmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love jalfrezi and this looks simply delish! Beautiful clicks, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love jalfrezi and yours look fantastic. Fabulous click.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome ! loved all the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looks delisious and healty too...
    and Nice snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  26. totally droolicious Sharmi - please pass that bowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simple ,yet delicious paneer recipe.sure a heart winner

    Veg / Fruit a month - Orange

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome jalfrezi, i make it with veggies shall try with paneer soon, the pictures are all too good!

    ReplyDelete
  29. As always, lovely pics!!Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you everyone!! this is one simple and flavourful paneer sidedish that I love to whip up during my lazy days :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much for sharing pictures along with recipe ... very very helpful....

    ReplyDelete