Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Eggless Mango Cake / Mango Loaf Bread

I wanted to utilise the mango season completely and no mango recipe collection is complete with a mango cake...Agree?! I have seen mango cakes, muffins and bread in so many blogs and when I wanted to try I went ahead searching for them. The one that suited my constraints(Yes I wanted a low fat version) was the mango banana bread from litebite. I am always amazed by her low fat baking goodies that I went ahead to try this with few modifications to suit my taste and it turned out super good.
Eggless Mango Cake / Mango Loaf Bread Recipe




Eggless Mango Cake (Mango Loaf Bread)

Recipe Source : Litebite.in



Ingredients:
  • Maida - 1 cup (150 gms)
  • White Rava(fine variety) - 1/2 cup (100 gms)
  • Mango - 1 big sized
  • Walnuts chopped - 2 tbsp
  • Granulated Sugar - 3/4 cup (200 gms)
  • Curd - 1/4 cup (60 ml)
  • Olive oil - 2 tbsp
  • Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
  • Baking powder - 1 tsp
  • Salt - a pinch
  • Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp


Eggless Mango Cake / Mango Loaf Bread Recipe
Method:
  1. Chop the mangoes and puree it without water to get a thick pulp. Keep aside.
  2. Sift maida, baking soda, baking powder and salt atleast twice for even spread of baking powder and soda.Now add rava to the maida mixture, keep aside.
  3. In a seperate bowl, add oil,yogurt, mango pulp, cardamom powder,sugar and mix well till sugar is completely dissolved.
  4. Now add the curd mango mixture to rava maida mixture slowly and mix until a thick batter is formed. Add chopped walnuts and mix once. Reserve 1 tbsp of walnuts for topping.
  5. Preheat the oven at 190 deg C for 10mins. Meanwhile grease the pan with little oil and sprinkle maida. Arrange butter paper if you use it(I use for most of the cake for easy unmoulding).
  6. Transfer the batter to the cake pan. Top the cake batter with remaining chopped walnuts and bake it for 35-40mins at 190 degree C.In my OTG it took exactly 40mins for the mango bread to get baked.
  7. The top would have turned to a golden brown color by this time. Check with a toothpick in the center of the cake and if it comes out clean then ur cake is done.Cool it for atleast 15mins before you unmould and slice them
Eggless Mango Cake Recipe


I dont miss to use a butter paper these days as its mess free to unmould and cleaning the pan is also easy. For the tart mould I didnt even grease but still unmoulding was super easy.



Eggless Mango Muffins RecipeMy Notes:

  • I used a bread loaf pan and 3 small tart moulds.You can use a normal cake pan but see to it that the pan is as big as to hold the batter only to 1/2 or slightly more than the pan .
  • The baking time totally depends on the cake mould and the oven, usually my bread loaf pan takes a little longer so it took me 40mins. So keep an eye after 30mins and then extend baking time accordingly.
  • The cake in the tart moulds were done in 20mins. Only the bread loaf pan took 40mins to complete.So if you are planning for muffins it will take just 20-30mins.
  • Adding sooji gives a wonderful texture to the cake. Mango and cardamom combination is heavenly so dont skip it.
  • The orginal recipe calls for only 1/2 cup sugar but I felt my mangoes were not that sweet so I used 3/4 cup and it was perfect.
  • As the cake uses mango pulp, it keep well only for 2 days. Dont refrigerate the cake, as it would become hard.
Eggless Mango Cake / Mango Loaf Bread Recipe


Mango, curd and rava gives a wonderful texture to the cake/bread that the cake came out beyond my expectation that everyone loved it at home. The nutty crunch in every bite tasted out of the world...yummmy.


Eggless Mango Cake / Mango Loaf Bread Recipe


The mango bread looked so lovely that my camera didnt stop clicking at all :) The smell of the mango cake while it was baking was too gud that I cudnt move out of the kitchen. Usually I like cutting cakes into pieces and when it comes to slicing breads I just luv them and this cakes texture was just perfect to make slices. Trust me and go ahead to try this cake.


Eggless Mango Cake / Mango Loaf Bread Recipe

Making a blog post has become like one of my daily chores these days and I feel so much contented after making each new post and each comment I moderate justifies the hard work I put in for that post. Thank you readers :)


Eggless Mango Cake / Mango Loaf Bread  Recipe


62 comments:

  1. Wonderful cake, I too want to try this,loved it texture,as u said. Hope I get mangoes and try this out...looks gorgeous. Loved the clicks very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggless mango cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow yummy cake.. mouthwatering..

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! mango cake and that too eggless. I am so making this soon. thanks to you and litebite. Lovely pictures, S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super delicious. Bookmarked it. Want to grab a piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it!!! Super delicious looking. I loved the color of it. I am going to try with the pulp we get here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...no doubt it's a must try cake version...bookmarked..very neat presentation n all the clicks were amazing...yummy o yummy...can u pass me a slice plz?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh i am drooling here sharmilee on seeing the texture of the cake.such a spongy and delectable one. Now iam also in a mood of posting some baking stuff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deliciously done mango bread... Love anything mangoey...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've also bookmarked some fat free version of cake earlier but after seeing this should be d one that i must try.. BOOKMARKED..What a great loaf and look at the slice..vah vah..Wow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the texture and colour.. Delicious and lovely clicks as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Clicks sharmi, esp choc sauce flowing out! cake has turned out so perfect! You are the Master Baker!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. the cake is very beautiful. Bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...wonderful cake..gorgeous colour and what a great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. loved the clicks, the cake and its texture.
    Truly a tempting one. I just made a eggless mango cake with butter last nite. I still have some puree left and i shall try this today.Since it is already eggless i need not worry about egg substitutes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely texture of the cake and pretty neat slices!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! Cake looks super delicious, soft and yummy!
    Nice recipe...will definitely try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Easy to follow recipe, with ingredients available at home. I am learning a lot from your site. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the color,texture and clicks..looks super soft and delicious...:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wat an elegant, absolutely stunning super soft cake, yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like you even I am a big fan of Sanjeeta's recipes. This cake sure looks fabuous. I loved those cute tart shaped cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely yummy looking..n its so soft..

    ReplyDelete
  23. How lovely the cake look, wonderful colour and prefect texture! Like the rawa in the cake..will give a good texture fr sure. And walnuts..Mmm..wish I could come to your home and have a bite of this gorgeous cake.
    Thanks Sharmilee for trying out from Lite Bite. Feel honored and good since it is coming from a seasoned cook and lovely food blogger like you :) Tight hugs and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  24. the low fat version def sounds great..must try it sometime, but the mangoes we get here are not tht great, so il have to wait to get my hands on some indian ones

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mango Cake looks awesome...Nice texture....Mmmmm very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Honestly, I've never tried any cakes/muffins with mangoes....but I can just imagine how good it must be. Love any recipe with mangoes and your bread sounds like the perfect recipe I should be trying before the end of the mango season. I heart Alphonsos.

    Ohh your pictures look absolutely GORGEOUS....shows the beauty and texture of the bread brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cake has risen perfectly:-) Loved that little cute beauties !!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The pics are great.. makes me want to pick up a piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow...wonderful cake..gorgeous color and what a great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  30. v.v.Delicious it looks also the mini cakes in the tartlete pans...Nice recipe in this mango season :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mango flavored soft and moist cake..lovely texture dear..love it

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow...Loved all the clicks....Delicious cake and lovely texture...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks so so soft and delicious and love the pic with teh sauce too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. that looks delicious.. I think I should give a try soon..

    ReplyDelete
  35. love this eggless version of mango cake .. wud surely give a try

    ReplyDelete
  36. yummy cake..love the colour..so soft n delicious..cant take eyes off the pics..awesome pics as always..

    Event:COOK IT HEALTHY:PROTEINicious

    ReplyDelete
  37. Have bookmarked this recipe, am going to try it out as soon as I get my new bundt pan

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nostalgic recipe.love the clicks as usual.So soft and smooth.
    Vegie / Fruit a month - Orange

    ReplyDelete
  39. wow!!perfect cake!!!tempting click!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Loved the beautiful golden yellow color ~ a stunning cake!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous!! Yummy looking cake & great pics Sharmi! I have some mango puree frozen for a rainy day (literally)- am going to try this cake soon!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wonderful cake.... Love the texture and ofcourse the presentation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  43. wow....that looks so perfect n' nice...i'm always in awe of ppl who bake so well...would love to give this a try...bookmarking the recipe...awesome clicks too...:)

    ReplyDelete
  44. wow..looks so tempting..awesome presentation and wonderful clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wonderful eggless cake. Amazing clicks and lovely presentation. Really tempting and drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a coincidence, even I had baked mango bread in my last post. Great to see an eggles version of the bread. Excellent pics.
    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh that little cupcakes one are so cute and bread is great!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow.. Absolutely stunning cake :) Looks so perfect and yummy :) Neat slices make me crave for it. Love the clicks a lot :)

    I will try it out asap too :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. I saw this one but could not msg asap as I was not well...lovely moist cake..nice texture..looks yumm..needless 2 say gr8 clicks..:)

    ReplyDelete
  50. This looks delicious. I am planning to use store bought mango pulp. Can you give the measurement of mango pulp in cups?

    ReplyDelete
  51. @Anonymous : The medium sized mango from which I extracted the pulp came close to 1 cup...

    ReplyDelete
  52. wow sharmilee!!!
    your blog is wonderful!! i love your clicks!!! they impressed me a lot!!!yummy recipes all over!!! i'm happy follower of your blog!!!plz visit my blog when time permits!!

    Happy Blogging!!!!
    Food Blog News Daily
    Good Food Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  53. Recipe looks very delicious. Just a small info needed. Can I use the Upma variety rava here? Because the one which I see as fine variety rava is almost like flour. So please give your suggestion here.

    ReplyDelete
  54. @Anonymous : Yes you can use the one used for upma but the white variety....

    ReplyDelete
  55. mmm this sounds so delicious, i adore mango but have never had mango bread. About time this was changed i think!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hai..I tried this Mango cake as cup cake and it came out well...But, only one problem...i find the texture of sooji in the cake...I used the idli rava...should I soak the rava in water for some time??

    ReplyDelete
  57. @Tamilmuhil : Thanks for trying and letting me know the feedback.It is the fine variety we used for kesari and upma but if you dont like the texture of rava then go ahead with full maida. No need to soak in water.

    ReplyDelete