Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fruits Custard (Fruit Salad with Custard) - Healthy Dessert | Healthy Diet Plan #3

Fruits Custard or fruits salad with custard is a very delicious dessert with the creamy texture of the custard and crunch of the fruits in between. This is very easy to make even at the last minute when guests arrive so here is my healthy dessert idea.
Fruits Custard Recipe



Fruits Custard / Fruit Salad with Custard Recipe



Ingredients:

  • Milk - 1.5 cups
  • Fruits - 3/4 cup
  • Custard Powder(Vanilla flavoured) - 1 tbsp
  • Sugar - 3 tsp
For fruits I used a mix of apple,banana,watermelon,orange and pomegranate






Fruits Custard Recipe
Method:
  1. Chop the fruits into cubes and keep it ready. Boil the milk , keep aside to let it cool.
  2. In a small bowl take 1/2 cup of milk, add custard powder mix it well without any lumps. Keep aside.
  3. Heat the remaining milk, give it a boil then add the custard milk mixture, sugar and mix well. The mixture will start thickening so be very careful and keep stirring till a creamy consistency is formed. The custard will get thickened on refrigerating also so the consistency should be a bit runny.
  4. Switch off, cool down the custard for 5mins and then add the fruits and mix well. Your fruits custard is ready. Chill it for few mins then serve it.
Fruit Salad with Custard RecipeMy Notes:
  • If your custard becomes thick, add little more milk.
  • You can skip sugar and have it with the natural sweetness of the fruits.
  • As I made this some 3months back I didnt get mangoes. Mangoes will sure give a nice flavour to the custard.
  • Use fresh cut fruits and serve it fresh.
Fruit Salad with Custard Recipe


50 comments:

  1. Love this fruit custard...creamy and delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious n refreshing .... U r a custard expert :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy...beautiful clicks....mine is a totally different version...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fav...this looks delicious dear..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love custard a lot,urs looks so delicious.If u hav some time visit my space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this a lot. Amazing and excellent snap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely n healthy Fruit treat...Colorful too

    http://www.panchamrutham.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. rich,creamy and healthy..colourful too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is one of my fav on a lazy evening!! clicks r too good n makes me drool..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks very delicious.. pomegranate gives the extra color.. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my familys fav one. u made me to crave for this again. delicious and inviting one

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pics are so colourful! Loved the last one very much...yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pics.Fruit salad with custard is one of the first desserts I learned to make:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow...this is my only fav from childhood days...the clicks are making me drool...
    The colours are so appealing to the eyes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Luv this fruit custard anytime...Luks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me & my hubby simply love this fruit custurd...looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love this custard...healthy n very easy to make..

    ReplyDelete
  18. hmmmm am eyeing on ur next post baked bread rolls.
    sharmi
    post it fasht fasht !!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. these can be eaten at any time of the day
    but I prefer my custard to be a bit more thick and sweet.
    but yes yours is the healthiest version of custard no doubt !!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Mitha : I will post the baked bread rolls 2mrw :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can have this anytime,my fav dessert..love it with a scoop of vanilla icecream..

    ReplyDelete
  22. my husband has been asking me 2 make this for a while now..i shud get down to it

    ReplyDelete
  23. Healthy and delicious custard. Love to have this any time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wowwww.... mouth watering and healthy recipe.. love the presentation too... gr8 job dear :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahhh...My all time fav dessert!!! I even love it served hot!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this..looks mouthwatering...nice clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow!! my favourite lovely fruit custard..

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hmm..yummy custard my fav. Sharmi..just loved your health diet series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks so inviting..creamy and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  30. Tempting clicks.. as usual.. and yummy dessert..

    ReplyDelete
  31. so refreshing n delicious dessert...looks more tempting n pictures as usual looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love custards and desserts made with custard powder :) Colourful and yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I remember when ever we had special guest mom always made this to the super delight of us kids. This looks so so yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Truly mouthwatering... and yes, I do add honey and skip sugar --its yummy ! loved the clicks too Sharmi :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Creamy and rich with nutrients... Looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  36. mouthwatering...a definite kids delight...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Healthy and colorful. Been a while since I made custard. Thx for reminding :)

    Vardhini
    Check out my 100th post giveaway.
    Current Event: Herbs and Flowers - Garlic

    ReplyDelete
  38. looks amazing and excellent clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very colorful and refreshing. One of our 'must haves' for birthday celebrations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Looks yummm.

    www.kitchen-mantra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete