Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pineapple Cooler

I love pineapple juice very much, so instantly fell in love with this drink when I saw it in Tarladalal site. I made it during summer and it totally satisfied my thirsty craving of my favourite fruit juice.
Pineapple Cooler Recipe


Pineapple Cooler Recipe

Recipe Reference : Tarladalal



Ingredients:

  • Pineapple chopped roughly - 1/2 cup
  • Icecubes - 2
  • Salt - as required
  • Lemon juice - 1 tsp (optional)
  • Milk(preferably cold) - 25 ml
  • Sugar - 3 tsp
  • Soda water - 3 tbsp


Pineapple Cooler Recipe
Method:
  • Pressure cook pineapple pieces for 1 whistle until soft or Stem them until slightly soft.
  • Blend all the other ingredients together with cooked pineapple until frothy in a mixer or blender.
  • Pour into individual glasses and serve chilled.
Pineapple Cooler Recipe


I am always scared by the thorny look of pineapple so I always prefer buying them in fresh cut pieces instead of the full fruit. Pineapple with a hint of salt and chilli powder is a yum combo, do try and see.


My Notes:
  • I was skeptical about adding lemon juice with milk(as I doubted milk will curdle) but went ahead as given in the orginal recipe and the drink was yummy and didnt disappoint me. But still if you are not comfortable adding lemon juice just skip it and proceed.
  • You can skip the steaming/pressure cooking step and make the cooler with raw pineapple itself.
  • You can add honey instead of sugar.
  • As the orginal recipe says, you can also add a pinch of pepper.
Pineapple Cooler Recipe
The creamy frothy pineapple cooler is ready to be served. This can be served as a party welcoming drink too.


I always complain that the froth always doesnt cooperate well till I click but this time I was satisfied :)


Pineapple Cooler Recipe


49 comments:

  1. Wooow looks so creamy and delicious !! Luv the yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking pineapple for shakes is new for me..One fab cooler..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks superb....lovely color....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like pineapple very much so it is a treat for my eyes.Luv the color...

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice presentation. very tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi sharmi,
    adding milk to pineapple won't curdle it ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Malar : No it will not, add cold milk and its only 25 ml which will be around 2-3 tbsp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pineapple juice is the one I love the most, I like the addition od soda to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sharmi...i love pinapplw...love to have it with chilli powder and salt too :)

    shd try ur cooler soon.. gr8 clicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with ur frothy yummy pineapple cooler....awesome clicks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely color and drink this looks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lip smacking drink! Lovely set up too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is like kiwi cooler I posted, I followed her site too...lovely pics

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delicious! Wish i could grab that glass right away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing Drink Sharmilee. Loved the deep yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. so so good but i love the pineapples with chilli n salt esp..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can drink pineapple juice anytime,cooler looks incredible..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never tried pineapple with milk, sure gonna try this for our Iftar meal. You should try having pineapple pieces topped with red cherries in syrup--it's a yummy snack.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful color wish i could grab that glass.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow very tempting cooler...wonderful colour combo and perfect background n props colour too,amazing clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the color looks so yummy...loved those cubed chunks:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I m not a fan of pine apple...but ur drink looks delicious..:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow..wat a yummmmy treat..awesome cliks dear..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice summer cooler and wonderful clicks sharmi:)
    Love the pinapple cubes with chili powder too

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love pineapple with chilly powder.UR COOLER LOOKS SO COLOURFULL AND REFRESHING.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ur clicks, recipes & ur style of writing never fail to amaze me...Loved this refreshing cooler!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sharmilee, thanks for visiting my blog.
    Very refreshing pineapple shake and lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am a die hard fan of pineapple too.. You rock with ur presentation and clicks as always...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very refreshing and delicious pineapple cooler..great for summer and your clicks are lovely as usual...
    thanx for visiting us

    Hosting Monsoon Medley and a Giveaway

    Sukanya

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks damn delicious :) Slurp slurp :)

    It somehow reminds me of Raji's yellow watermelon juice :P Wish I could have both the drinks now :)

    I'm surprised that milk and lemon dint cuddle and the drink looks just too perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. @Nithya : Even I had the doubt whether it will curdle, but just believed the recipe and went ahead and it didnt disapppoint me :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. With milk huh? interesting... pineapple is always a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anything with Pineapple I am in..just toooooooooo good and the clicks are gorgeous as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  34. delicious looking cooler I haven't had like this

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow..wat a yummmmy treat..awesome cliks dear..:)

    ReplyDelete
  36. சூப்பரா இருக்கு,பைனாப்பிளை வேகவைத்து செய்திருப்பது நல்லாயிருக்கு...

    ReplyDelete
  37. healthy and refreshing drink..perfect summer drink....amazing clicks as usual...

    ReplyDelete
  38. very nice recipe with pineapple...souns super delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. excellent colour and very good capture. very refreshing.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  40. You have such a great collection of recipes. This one looks too tempting especially for the hot summer weather. Lovely pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love this pretty cooler. We love fruity drinks at home. Will try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great! Kuzhambu, does it sounds like an edible plants in Asia? Whatever. I just love the way it's prepared. Looks tedious to prepare yet worth satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  43. wow this is creamy and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete