Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Soya Chunks Kurma

Heard from many of them that soya is rich in proteins and here is my first try.

Soya Chunks Kurma
Ingredients:
Soya chunks - 20-25 balls
Ginger garlic paste - 2tsp
Onion - 2 (finely chopped)
Oil - as required
Salt - to taste
Chili powder - 2 tsp / add as per taste
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp

Grind and make a paste of:
Tomato - 3 (finely chopped)
Coconut - 1 cup
Coriander seeds- 1tsp
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Peppercorns - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 stick
Cardamom - 2
Cloves - 1

Method:
1.Soak Soya chunks in hot water for 30 minutes, then wash it in cold water 3-4 times each time draining the water from the soya to get rid of the smell. Heat oil in a pan. Saute the soya for 3mins and keep it aside.
2.Add onion, ginger garlic paste and saute till golden brown and add the sauted soya.
3.Add the grinded paste, add a cup of water if its too thick. Add chilli powder, salt and garam masala.
4.Cook till oil seperates and switch it off. Serve hot with rotis!

I have read that soya doesnt digest faster. So if u r planning to make it for dinner, make sure u hve a long gap after dinner before going to bed.

20 comments:

  1. YUM!! Love the Kurma masala, gravy looks so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks very tasty and yummy... Gotta a bag of soy chunks should make them soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this kurma..My MIL makes it a lot..It has been a while since I have made kurma...Looks tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious soya chunk korma..it makes a perfect side for rotis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a cousin who loves soy chunks. I'm sure she'll enjoy this recipe. Will send her the link:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. kurma looks great. i love soy chunks in anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..looks soo good Sharmile.:)...I used to make this while I was in Pune..Here my hubby dont like it..missing chunks..:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kurma looks gorgeous Sharmilee!! Nice recipe! :) Uh, I wanna try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the kurma masala paste..will try n use it for my regular veggie kurma. using soy chunks is such a brilliant idea with this gravy as soy chunks need something really spicy to go with it, else they taste bland.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks absolutely delicious. love the gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me heart soya chunks, soya granules, soymilk, tofu :D bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the kurma...looking yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great..its been long since I have cooked with these chunks..

    ReplyDelete
  14. The kurma is looking delicious. Reading through your post during lunch time has made me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did I miss this? Always looking for more recipes on soy chunks :) Thanks for adding the logo too, you are a darling!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore soy chunks.. and this kurma sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. kurma looks yummy! I have it in my space too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey sharmeelee....
    Im a first timer here....you have a bunch of beautiful recipe here....and love the lookm of your blog!....M following you dear, so that i can keep a track:)

    ReplyDelete