Friday, December 4, 2009

Veg Burger - Its Burger Time!

Everytime when I order for burger I usually had to dig in the burger to pull out those lettuce and cabbages...I just hate them in my burger(But I added cabbages here as hubby likes it).So sat out to think why not try burger at home?! And here is my first try and it came out pretty decent. When I served it for hubby there was a big smile in his face and said its soo yummy and very much like in MB - thats the highest form of appreciation I've ever got I wud say!
Veg Burger

This yields 2 burgers:

Ingredients:
Bun - 2
Chopped cabbage - 3 tsp
Tomato sliced - 2
Onions sliced - 3 to 3
Tomato sauce - 2 tbsp
Cheese - 2 slices or shredded cheese

For the patty:
Veggies - 1.5 cups (I used 2 big sized carrots,5-6 beans and 2 potatoes)
Aniseed powdered - 2 tsp
Finely chopped onion - 1/2 small sized
Ginger garlic paste - 3 tsp
Chilli powder - 3tsp

Method:
1.Boil the veggies till mashy. Drizzle oil in a wide bottomed pan, add aniseed powder,immediately add chopped onion. Then add boiled carrots and beans, saute them for 3mins.

2.Add ginger garlic paste,fry well.Add chilli powder and salt.

3.Now add this to mashed potatoes and bind them well.

4.Flatten them into patties and toast it in dosa pan. You can deep fry them if you arent guilty :)
NOTE : For the above mentioned quantity it will yield 2 big sized patties.

This is before assembling the burger , just to show you how my pattie looked!
Veg Burger

5.Assemble the burger in the following order / any order of your choice:
Keep one half of the bun first, then the pattie, cheese slice, chopped cabbage, a slice of onion, tomato sauce then tomato slice and the other half of the bun. Your veg burger is ready! Isnt that quick n easy?!

22 comments:

  1. U re like my son who pull all the lettuce-tomato, etc... It is gorgeous the burger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love anything as burger, burger makes me hungry and fantastic click..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent click,a neatly packed burger,we too never like the lettuce in burgers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has come out really well. I love veggie burgers and have a post coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely burgers..
    I do the same thing,,I dont like all those in my burgers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks pretty good. I am yet to make burger at home, keep thinking it is tough to make :-)

    I think I am weired, but I like the lettuce and cabbge in the burger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The burger looks just perfect ! Lovely pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. I remember the first time I ate a burger I could not put it properly in my mouth and was embarrased at the ease with which others ate.
    The patty looks healthy and the burger comfortable to eat.
    http://cooking-goodfood.blogspot.com
    Pari

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks very tempting as always... kalaku po.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful clicks,Burger makes me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely clicks.Burger..ohh..god .who doesn't like that?looks very tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect Pic!! Try Lettuce from spencers. its fresh and nice.

    Believe me, yesterday i prepared cutlets, and thought of reserving some for Burger. It got over fast(: now your Burger is tempting me!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow......burger looks yummy and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've done a really great job making those wonderful burgers dear! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My kidoos will love this..Very tempting clicks...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love how your patties look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice.. and the photos are great as usual

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely click!it is indeed a quick and easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete