Thursday, March 11, 2010

Corn Garlic Pizza for Global Kadai Event!

Pizza is my favourite........the one from Pizza Hut.....I havent tasted a better one anywhere else....The soft and crunchy base, the melted cheese on top hmmm tastes divine!! Let me stop here and move on to todays recipe.....corn garlic pizza. When I saw the event, the first thing that came to my mind was to use corn and garlic so got the base while shopping monthly groceries last weekend. Should I mention abt the taste....just luved the flavour of garlic with capsicum, onion and corn.
Corn Garlic Pizza
NOTE : Dont search for cheese in mine.....I've added but a very meager amout, yes u r right lil guilty :) I have made bread pizza many times but this is the first time I m trying out with pizza base.Here goes the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • Pizza base - 1
  • Capsicum - 1/2 finely chopped
  • Corn - boiled from 1 small cob
  • Garlic roasted - 5 to 6 sliced thin
  • Onion - 1 medium size chopped lengthwise
  • Cheese - 1 small cube grated
  • Tomato sauce - 2tbsp
  • Pepper - as required to sprinkle
Method:
  1. Spread the tomato sauce on the base, now add the chopped onions. Next is the capsicum .

  2. Now add roasted corn and garlic mixed with a tsp of pepper powder , sprinkle grated cheese on top and that should cover it.

  3. Preheat oven at 175deg C for 10mins. Bake the pizza at the same temperature in toast-pizza/grill mode for 10mins or till the cheese slightly melts. Sprinkle pepper on top...ur pizza is done, Serve Hot!
Corn Garlic Pizza
And I made this to send it to the Global Kadai event hosted by Lavi, orginally started by Cilantro

29 comments:

  1. wow.. looks delicious.. nice click..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanna grab that slice of yummy pizza:) looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shami,


    Pizza looks really good with variant colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow kalakitinga Sharmi...pizza looks fantabulous..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah That is very different topping! Looks colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice click...love the corns on top !

    ReplyDelete
  7. slurrp! corn -capsicum pizza is nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love corns specially on top of pizza's. this is going to be my favo entry in the event!! love the click too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. colorful and yummy one....looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. perfect pizza. my i love mine with double cheese....and then feel guilty for th whole week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wanna have a bite now...so tempting Sharmilee...

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmm pizzaaa..my favorite and love the topping with garlic..

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks lovely, Sharmilee!I can see thru the pizza..Reminds me of the Indian pizza

    ReplyDelete
  14. First time here....

    Pizza looks fantastic and very tempting....

    Awesome clicks:-)

    Love to follow ur blog


    ArunaManikandan
    http://ensamayalkuripugal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Corn on a pizza is always a good idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Corn is such an underused ingredient as a pizza topping! So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks very delicious and yummy yum yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a healthy way to eat pizza! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Color pizza and looks so so so yummy!!!wonderful click as well.. Nice header too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh this looks so healthy... pizza can be had without guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pizza looks simply devine, delicious and nice presentation.My first visit here.Following you.

    ReplyDelete