Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Close to Restaurant style Vegetable Fried Rice!!

My usual order in restaurants wud be roti/naan, Its like if I dont take roti/naan my aim of going to a hotel/party/reception is not complete.I'm telling this becos anyday when I get to meet any of u....dont forget to serve with any of these, Okies?! :0
Veg Fried Rice
Hubby loves fried rice either veg, egg or chicken...So have tried them in many ways, hve already posted egg fried rice here but this recipe is from our cook at office, It was almost the same as restaurants so nagged him for the recipe.You should see the smile & happiness on his face when I ask him for recipes. One of my friends Thames asked for veg fried rice recipe so this one is for her.

Updated:
However I tried, I felt one main thing was missing which was there in restaurants...I tried soya sauce, ajino motto etc but cudnt get it.
Finally when I went to Wangs kitchen once, I had a peek into the kitchen where they were making fried rice. I closely watched the secret ingredient
in a bottle that was nothing but olive oil so the main flavour comes from this. Have updated my recipe here with olive oil. But still I have to master the making of fried rice till then I am not going to take the 'close to' tag from the headline :)

Ingredients:
  • Basmati rice - 1.5 cups [Cook rice as grains seperated]
  • Carrots - 2 small finely chopped
  • Beans - 1/4 cup finely chopped
  • Onions - 1 medium sized chopped
  • Spring onions - 1/4 cup
  • Capsicum - 1 [I used green & yellow]
  • Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
  • Soya sauce - 1 tbsp
  • Pepper - 2 to 3 tsp
  • Oil - 1 tbsp
  • Salt - to taste
  • Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
Veg Fried Rice
Method:
1.Rinse rice twice and pressure cook till rice grain is seperated with required water [I used 3 cups of water].

2.Heat oil and olive oil in a kadai, add onions saute for 2mins and then add ginger garlic paste and fry well.

3.Now add carrots, beans and keep frying till the vegetables are half cooked....may be sprinkle water to get it done soon.Dont add too much water as the veggies will become soft instead of crunchy.

4.Next add the capsicum and fry well with other veggies.Add pepper and mix well.

5.Increase the heat to maximum and add the soya sauce, stirring continuously for 8-10 seconds.

6.Now lower the heat and add the cooked rice with required salt add spring onions and mix well. Let the rice fry for another 3-4 mins and then remove. Garnish with spring onions.
Veg Fried Rice
And I need to mention about this bowl....Got it in a exhibition just for the reason its brown!! Though the design is not nicely captured in the pic its soo pretty. Have I mentioned already?! I go mad abt anything browny....!! :)

I totally forgot about Mahimas cooking event so my previous post bread upma and this simple fried rice goes to her cooking basics event .

38 comments:

  1. Hi, very nicely presented..loved your bowl too..perfect for the event..

    I'm hosting an event for March..plz do send your entries..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely presentation...fantastic and colourful fried rice Sharmi..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this looks so delicious..very tasty..When you visit will definitely serve you your favorites.. :)
    www.foodlyrics.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures.. and nice recipe.. I love fried rice quite a bit myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely clicks..will keep the roti part in mind..lol...My family loves this fried rice too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharmilee,

    Nice colorful vegetable rice. nice click too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fried rice and you have presented it so beautifully and really pretty clicks:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My family love fried rice..looks so tempting and tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yumm yumm.. I love fried rice so much that I can have it continuously for a week also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can finish that bowl of fried rice in seconds..looks yummy with simple preparation..a quick fix meal for anytime-or occasions:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. First time here and you do have great recipes. Fried rice looks yummmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. first time here :) ur blog is very neat and beautiful recipe collection u have girlie :)
    Thanks for sharing the restaurant style fried rice recipe...seems yummy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome..looks super delicious dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fried rice looks gr8t..lovely pics

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful rice looks delicious and tasty .Awesome clicks too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. yummy yummy. thanks for sending.. i too order only nans/paneer b masala and fried rice when i go to hotels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is beautiful pict! and tasty rice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. here ur rice look fluffy and separate eventhough u cooked in pressure cooker. Look so inviting and beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! thank you soo much da. let me try it this week end and add more comments..hey one more suggestion as a photog'r " the photo is taken very close did u notice the size of the rice its too big its bigger than the actual size " other wise the composition is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice presentation and looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tempting rice with beautiful clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okie dokie its a deal, when you meet me next time you ll get your fav food... Rice looks delectable and yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow Sharmee perfect looking fried rice. I often have a similar kinda thing for my home alone lunch. will definitely try. bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Ramya: Thank u...then atleast for this we shud meet up :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow perfect looking Fried Rice...Very Tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow!wat a tempting&colorful click!
    perfectly cooked rice

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sharmilee! Tks for the visit and for ur lovely comments ya! U've got an awesome space here with lots of yummy foodies and clicks!!! Seems U have passion in photography! Great...:)

    Okey, I'm hungry now! Pass me the fried rice pls! :)

    Take care ya, I'm following U!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sharmee, Looking at the recipe I bet this is tastes far far better than the restaurant fried rice..:)..and see to it you edit the word 'Close'to restaurant style..:D

    You are making me hungry!! :)

    Couldnt view the pic though :(

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fried rice looks colorful and delicious!
    http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. You leave me no choice, but to leave another comment Sharmi. Sigh! :-)
    It must be that browny bowl or that beautiful fried rice... that makes me come here again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. looks exactly like we gets from resturants...

    ReplyDelete
  32. always a hit with my family too! perfect with a side order of gobi manchurian!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This recipe was exactly what I was searching for, actually for days. I know it is simple but din't know the recipe exactly. Thanks for olive oil tip. I will try this very soon and let you know the feedback. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  34. @Mythreyee : Sure try it n let me knw how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete