Sunday, April 25, 2010

Garlic Bread - Partially homemade :)

Had a busy week at office though tired it was worthful and achieving.Thanks for all readers who gave suggestions for ISP......My net(BSNL) is finally back in action....meanwhile had a new connection named Tikona :) Name sounds funny?! but I was awed by their customer service......I booked the connection morning since I insisted to get the connection the same day.....they gave me the connection the same day night inspite of me giving the wrong address proof :D
Garlic Bread
Now coming to todays recipe....Garlic bread is my fav and the one from Pizzahut tastes too gud! We can have this occasionally as it involves a lot of cheese though I didnt add much ;) Bread itself is my fav so needless to say when it is garlic flavoured.The base bread is a store bought one....I'l try itat home once I start experimenting baking bread :)

Here goes the recipe..........

Ingredients :
  • Bread - 2 slices [I used Golden grain - roundel breads]
  • Garlic - 4 sliced thin
  • Ghee - to toast
  • Cheese - 1 cube [I used brittania cube cheese]
  • Pepper - 2 tsp
Method :
  1. First toast the bread slices with some ghee.

  2. Apply cheese on one side of the bread and top it with the sliced garlic.

  3. Sprinkle some pepper on top.

  4. Lay the slices in dosa tawa and heat it till cheese melts. You can also grill it at 175 deg C for 4-5mins.
Garlic Bread

30 comments:

  1. Hy Sharmi,

    Wonderful recipe...This is what exactly I am looking for. Perfect n superb presentation. Can't wait till tomorow to give a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My all time favourite!!!!Gorgeous bread Sharmi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome! I am going to try this today for tea....Pic are making me drool sharmilee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous bread sharmi..n awesome click too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharmi,
    love garlic bread.nice clicks.looks wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks delicious ... my favorite ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the round shaped bread,so cute , I too make this,we call garlic toast,and of course without cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious garlic bread to make when u want to make this quick!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute bread toast dear....
    Lovely clicks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummmyyy garlic bread and we too love those bread served in Pizza hut:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes..I said a Very Big No to the Garlic Breads.

    These Breads tastes very Good, even without Cheese.

    Nice Pic! is this shot in night?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love garlic bread too but I usually mince my garlic.. must try this method sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Lavi : Ena ipdi ketuta nightla edutha mari iruka pic :( It was shot on a bright mrg

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy garlic bread. Its one of my favorites and would never miss it when I visit pizza hut :) your version is tempting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks too good and all time fav... its damn good thru ur lens

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are all garlicky people and love the round shape bread!

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice recipe .. I love garlic bread

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome garlic bread! i always have some garlic salt on hand so i can mix it wiht butter and smother on a piece of bread for those urgent garlic bread cravings :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks tempting and i love garlic bread anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Garlic bread looks tempting and perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey wow till now i had it in the restaurants..its my fav too... So by your recipe i came to know that we can make it at home... nice recipe sharmi... thanks for posting...

    ReplyDelete
  22. oohh..the one from pizza hut is my all tiem favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this one..my hubby asks me to do the same whenever we get an Italian or French plain bread :-)your pics make me crave for some now

    ReplyDelete
  24. Garlic bread looks yummy. I can smell it here...

    ReplyDelete
  25. same here sharmilee, love the garlic breads from pizza hut. tried making them at home will try yours next time. lovely presentation as always.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hopefully the hectic day at work is now behind you Sharmi. This used to be one of our favorite from Pizzahut, but now they stopped it there. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete