Friday, July 9, 2010

Peas Pulav/Pulao and Grilled Gobi 65(Crispy Cauliflower Fries)

Have been working on minor changes for the site, colors and the placement of widgets. One thing that was worrying me for long was I found the site a bit cluttered....was thinking and trying many methods but nothing satisfied me. Finally this tabbing worked :) Now tell me ur suggestion/feedback on the new minor changes.....


One of my fav combination :Peas Pulav with gobi 65. Here goes the recipe from my kitchen :
Peas Pulav Recipe
Ingredients:
  • Basmathi rice - 1.5 cups [I used seera samba rice and that justifies for not grain seperated rice :) yes when seraga samba variety is used its a bit sticky]
  • Fresh peas - 1/2 cup + I used a handful of butter beans
  • Cinnamon - 1/2 inch piece
  • Cloves - 3
  • Ginger garlic paste - 1tbsp
  • Cardamom - 2 crushed
  • Jeera - 1 tsp
  • Bay leaf - 1
  • Green chillies - 2
  • Onions - 1/2 cup chopped
  • Ghee - 2 tbsp
  • Oil - 1 tbsp
  • Water - 3 cups
Peas Pulav Recipe
Method:
  1. Rinse rice well twice atleast and soak in water for 30mins.


  2. Heat oil, ghee in a pan. Add jeera, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and cardamom.


  3. Fry for 2mins, add onions and green chillies. Saute till onions turn light brown. Now add ginger garlic paste.Fry till raw smell goes.


  4. Now add rice and saute for 3mins. Add exactly 3 cups of water to the above, add salt to taste and pressure cook it for 8-9 mins.
Peas Pulav Recipe
Grilled Gobi
Cauliflower -1 floret


For the batter :
  • Cornflour - 1/2 cup
  • Maida - 2 tbsp
  • Ginger Garlic paste - 3 tsp
  • Red chilly powder - 1tsp -
  • Salt - to taste
  • Turmeric powder - a pinch
Method:
  1. Half boil cauliflower in water with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, keep aside. Then mix all the above ingredients with little water to form a thick batter. Dip in the cauliflower florets and marinate it for 15-30mins.


  2. Spread 1 tsp of oil on the baking sheet. Place the marinated pieces on the prepared baking sheet.


  3. Preheat the oven at 200 deg C for 10 mins and Grill it for 20-25 mins in broil/grill mode turning over in between.
Grilled Gobi Recipe
NOTE : Turn over the gobis to the other side after 10-15mins for the gobis to cook evenly.Closely keep an eye as it gets burnt easily.Guilt free grilled gobis are ready so no more deep fries. They are very crispy even without deep frying...Isnt that gud?!


These grilled gobis are perfect to be used for manchurians or to be eaten as such :)

30 comments:

  1. adding butter beans is a nice idea. i always add butterbeans to tomato rice and biryani.
    Grilled gobi is tempting me and great click too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious, would give it a try....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really delicious and looks perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice combo meal. the clicks are tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those gobi's look as good as fried Sharmi..my..I should try this soon..thanks for the idea..!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rice looks yummy and I love the innovative way to cook gobi.Looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi dear ,
    1st visit to ur blog ...u have a beautiful space with wonderful collection of recipes...
    this pulao looks yummy n its gr8 idea of makeing gobi ,i really love the way of preparation ..happy to find u

    if u get time do visit my blog

    satya

    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make the gobhi too! it is lovely isin't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the combo! Its actually a great idea of grilling the gobi! I will sure try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful combination, grilled gobi tempts me a lot..yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pacca Neat Layout first of all!!

    Iam going to try this grilled Gobi by next week!
    Bread Pizza looks tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy combo!! Thanks for the no-fat gobhi recipe, will surely try this..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Sharmilee
    The blog looks so pretty now. Good work with the template. Peas pulao is my choice when I have more than 5-8 guests. It's so simple to prepare and I pair them with spicy meat curry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey i think your blog looks very neat yaar, pulao looks yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wouldn't say your blog was cluttered before. I loved it even then and now too.. Peas pulao and gobi 65 is my favorite restaurant menu...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice recipe as usual, Sharmi and I think I will start with the Gobi first. I am so bookmarking this :-))

    Loved the neat and uncluttered look. Also wonderful that you got the Tabbed thing working. One suggestion would be to have more space between the different options.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank VS, RV. And RC thanks for ur suggestion actually I tried more spacing when I was fixing it but in lower resolution I faced problems....so left it...but will surely try to fix it up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey your blog looks nicely framed..and peas pulav looks yumm..bookmarked the grilled cauliflower recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome combo sharmi.. and the gobi is simply mouthwatering..looks so crispy and yumm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved the new look Sharmi. Delicious peas pulao. Can I take a bite of that gobi 65?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was not at all getting this right by grilling .. you know what I was doing all these days , I have never pre heated the oven before grilling ... Will give it a try and let you know how it turned out for sure ..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really tempting one dear.. Lovely clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it...Really tempting and nice clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look so good. That tempts me! What a combo! Heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Peas Pulav is one of our favorite..Grilled Gobi looks so good !!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both the recipes looks super and yummy. Liked the addition of butter beans to rice.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bookmarked!! :) I love ghobi and I need to try this. :) Just went into a trance when I saw the clicks :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete