Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Crunchy Oven Roasted Chickpeas( Channa)

I saw this from RedChillies first then at few more sites so gave a try at home.....These truely are a guilt free tasty snack to be munched at tea time. These are a lil spicy and crunchy and we loved it with tea.This rainy season makes me crave for hot spicy snacks.
Crunchy Oven Roasted Chickpeas
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup chickpeas(channa)
  • Oil - 2 tsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
  • Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
  • turmeric - 1/2 tsp
  • Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Method:
  1. Soak the channa overnight. Pressure cook them next day until soft...it may take 5-6 whistles

  2. Drain the water completely, may be wiping with tissue will work as well to remove the moisture from the channa.

  3. Preheat the oven to 220 deg C for 10mins.Meanwhile in a wide bowl combine oil, salt, chilli and turmeric and pepper powder with channa. Then finally squeeze few drops of lemon juice. Keep aside and allow it to marinate for 10-15mins.

  4. Line a silver foil/butter paper and spread the channa. Bake it in 220 deg C for 35-40 mins. But check inbetween 15mins and toss it to avoid from burning.

  5. Take it out of the oven and allow it to cool completely to get the crunch.
Crunchy Oven Roasted Chickpeas
And also to my event Lets Munch! - Tea time snacks

Crunchy Oven Roasted Chickpeas

31 comments:

  1. Quick and simple recipe... luks delicious and very tempting click.. really very nice event.. count me in..

    u have a lovely space ...and good collection of recipes .. if u find time do visit my blog.. happy to follow ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds easy must give a try...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharmilee, wow, they look wonderful. Please do send it to my "Bookmarked Recipes - Every Tuesday" event as well.

    http://mharorajasthanrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/08/bookmarked-recipes-every-tuesday-event_02.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds easy to make looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. quick simple crispies...nice one...nice clicks too

    ReplyDelete
  6. They looks wonderful and loved this method sharmi and the pictures are so nice as well. with Newspaper and coffee I feel its near me (I mean realistic)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and Healthy snack ..nice click too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow they look so perfect n crunchy ...must try it soon

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quick, healthy and easy snack..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these types of snacks.looks awesome sharmi:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liked the recipe,I have some in expiring stage,should try this... looks very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb recipe n great pics!! I am going to try this tomorrow, will let you know how it came out..

    ReplyDelete
  13. healthy and yummyy recipe.. looks perfect !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. good one..I had these snacks but bought them from the market..wondering how they are made..now I know the recipe too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice roasted chickpeas, perfect for munching. I like your presentation too.
    There are two events going on in my blog, please check it out:
    http://tasteofpearlcity.blogspot.com/p/events.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this on my blog too. I make it real often esp since its delish and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Sharmi , chanced upon your blog while surfing the web.. liked your style of blogging and wonderful collection of recipes here..
    the oven roasted chickpeas is a brilliant idea , they look crunchy n perfect to munch on anytime..
    have book marked your site will b visiting often :)
    aipi
    (http://usmasala.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is surely a super good snack :) I used to have the store bought one. Bookmarked now. Will make it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy snack, looks delicious and crunchy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi its a friendly visit for a friendly blogger in a frienly manner, thus by dropping here into my blog

    Follow my blog if you like it means

    ReplyDelete
  21. This one sounds great.. I will have to try it out soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a crunchy munchy snack.. feel to grab some good one sharmi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfect snack for the weather right now here in kottayam(kerala)..nice guilt free recipe as youve mentioned, sharmee..:)..will try it soon..

    ReplyDelete
  24. that's a healthy treat, sharmi. sure will try this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for trying Sharmi. i have to thank Madhuram for this recipe. So easy and delicious aren't they?

    ReplyDelete