Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Raw Garlic Chilli Chutney (Poondu Molaga Chutney) | Side dish for Idly, Dosa

I like this chutney for the garlic flavour and its simplicity.Whenever we feel very tired or in no mood to cook, its always idly with this molaga chutney.But mostly for dinner as we dont want to smell garlicky in the mornings when we move out for work :) This chutney brings back memories of my childhood days when we used to pack idly with this chutney and boiled eggs while moving to ooty. It was around 3-4hrs journey by road from coimbatore to ooty and we would relax a bit in conoor for our breakfast....idly with this chutney is my all time fav! The spicy chutney compliments well with soft hot idly, with ghee its so divine!!

Raw Garlic Chilli Chutney Recipe
Ingredients:
  • Red Chillies - 2
  • Garlic - 7 to 8
  • Curry leaves a a fistful
  • Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
  • Salt to taste
Method:
  1. Grind the above to a course or smooth paste.

  2. Add ghee/gingelly oil and serve with hot idlis
As its raw, d
ont be doubtful of the taste
, its simple but flavourful!

Raw Garlic Chilli Chutney Recipe
I tried googling few tips of how to Get Rid of Bad Breath from Garlic/Onions and here it is:
  • Drink lemon juice
  • Brush your teeth
  • Try chewing mint or spearmint flavored gum
  • A glass of tea also helps
  • Yogurt can reduce gases in the mouth that cause garlic breath.
I have tried lemon juice and it works well to avoid garlic odour.

Raw Garlic Chilli Chutney Recipe
I am moving to my native 2mrw and will be back only next week, so off from blogging and bloghoping for a week...!

35 comments:

  1. i too like this chutney,luks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love this,with dosa and idly + curd ;) this version sounds nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy chutney and I love the towel too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iam drooling over here. Will try this. Did you add oil or ghee while serving?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lavi : This time it was nalennai...attimes we serve with ghee also
    @Nithi : Elam inga santosh than...when r u making it here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really yumm....love to have anything wid garlic....nice clicks too dear...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that is an easy chutney recipe and looks delightful too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks wonderful !!! I am surely going to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple love garlicky chutneys..Awesome pics too !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow..delicious chutney.>I love garlic...Love the garlicky flavor..This is surely going to be my fav...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the simple chutney..Hey happy journey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds delicious. Love to try this out..

    ReplyDelete
  13. simply love this chutney..gorgeous color and love garlic in anything ...superb presentation...mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love garlic flavour.This chutney looks awesome.Bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. மிகவும் அருமையான சட்னி...அம்மா இதனை அரிசி கஞ்சியுடன் செய்வாங்க...நியாபகம் செய்துவிட்டிங்க....நாளைக்கு செய்துவிட வேண்டியது தான்...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are you from cbe? I have tasted this at friends place a lot but have never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a real quick and healthy chutney I have every come across. Love the garlic flavors, and this must be real good. Thanks for sharing, Sharmilee, take acre.

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice...tangy chutney....nice...and nice presentation

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks so yummy ... I have bookmarked it for trying it out asap !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A mouthwatering chutney! Great Clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can eat more idlies with this chutney, mouthwatering here..

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the strong smell of garlic in chutenys ...Your click looks tempting
    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  23. my mom makes a similar chutney like this.looks very nice.nice presentation sharmilee

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a new chutney for me...interesting

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tempting pictures!! I love this chutney with idli/ dosa. I usually use shallots instead of garlic and do not use cilantro. Will post my version sometime..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Chutney looks yummy and mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks so spicy and yummy. Great combo for idli or dosa.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am going to make this tommorrow!!

    ReplyDelete