Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chapathi Noodles (Chapathi Vegetable Noodles) | Leftover Chapati Recipe

The first time I had chapathi noodles was during my 10th std at my aunts place but her version was slightly varied which was more indianised. I modified the recipe a bit and followed my fried rice recipe for this chapathi noodles and have been following it lately as we are hooked on to the taste.I am rushing to the recipe as I've to go to make granola bars(before mittu wakes up) as amma had been asking for it since 2 weeks and I cant delay anymore.....And also my craving cant wait anymore :) So when I am off to make my/our fav granola bars you check out the recipe :)
Chapathi Noodles Recipe

Chapathi Noodles Recipe :

Serves 2



Ingredients:

  • Chapathi / Roti - 4
  • Onion - 1 chopped lengthwise
  • Cabbage - 1/4 cup
  • Carrot - 2 medium sized chopped lengthwise
  • Capsicum - 1 medium sized chopped lengthwise
  • Garlic - 5 pods chopped finely
  • Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
  • Pepper powder - 1 tsp
  • Soya Sauce - 1 tsp
  • Tomato sauce - 2 tsp
  • Salt - as required
  • Olive oil/ Cooking oil - 2 tbsp




Chapathi Noodles Recipe
Method:
  1. Stack the 2 chapathis and cut into four squares and then cut along thin strips lengthwise
  2. Chop all the veggies lengthwise and keep aside.
  3. Heat oil, add onion and garlic saute until browned. Now add carrot, capsicum and cabbage, saute them for a minute.
  4. Then add soya sauce, tomato sauce and pepper powder , mix well. Add required salt.Saute till the veggies are slightly soft and raw smell of the veggies leave, sprinkle little water if you want at this stage.
  5. Now add the chapathis cut lengthwise and mix well. Simmer for 2mins, give a quick stir and switch off.
Chapathi Noodles Recipe
My Notes:
  • You can garnish with spring onions at the end, I didnt have so skipped it.
  • Olive oil gives a nice flavour to the chinese dishes so I prefer using it. You can use normal cooking oil also.
  • The veggies are upto ur choice, you can plus or minus the quantity as per your taste.
  • You can also add egg with the veggies while sauting.
  • On the whole the chapatis and veggies should not be very soft it should be crunchy and slightly soft like in noodles and veg fried rice.
Chapathi Vegetable Noodles Recipe


This is the best chapathi leftover idea I have found over the years. Sometimes I just add sambar powder, coriander powder and make it indianised. So no more second thought when there is left over chapathi at home :) This is sure another take for our kothu parotta which is coming up soon.


Chapathi Vegetable Noodles Recipe

53 comments:

  1. This is an all time hit dish at home to use the leftovers..i love the clicks..as usual..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amma made them the Indianised way too. I will have to try your version sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! you wont believe!! I was just talking abt this recipe to amma last evening :) and super happy to see it here today :)Makes me want it sooooon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper clicks. I'm yet to try it out though the kids have been hinting to me for some time.


    Event: Let's Cook - School Break Time Snacks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it always indianized with sambar powder,some times I make it very plain too without veggies,only onion love that too.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. such an interesting idea...wow....i wud've never even thgt of something like this....will give it a try soon....:)...beautiful click as always..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer chinese version 2 Indian version for this..looks yummy....:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice idea.... chapathi noodles super yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to make this for my son .. he will love it. Looks yummy Sharmi.

    Vardhini
    Event: Fast food not Fat food

    ReplyDelete
  10. a childhood favorite. roti poha was what we used to call it. i shud make it sometime soon again and maybe with your recipe this time. very delicious, Sharmi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy to see it. I make them same way as yours and call them chapati fry. This is in my drafts too.
    Show and Tell
    Event - LGSS_Potato

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Idea! I can use whatever veggies i have on hand! sounds like a healthy meal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Sharmilee, what a super duper idea to make chapathis more fun for kids!! (and for the kids at heart too) - definitely going to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an innovative way of using left over chapathis!!! The noodles look very yummy Shramilee :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice way of using the left over chapathis....I usually cut them into pieces...but this is nice and presentable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very tasty way of consuming left over rotis. Loved ur version and wonderful clicks too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A nice way to use up leftover chapathis...This sure will be a hit with my kid....nice clicks

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely dish with leftover chapatis ..

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is favourite in my family and I make it almost every weekend either with Tortillas, Parathaas or like yourself left over chappathis.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely idea and a decent name for a leftover !
    I too concoct some different dishes from the leftovers. They sometime turnout more delicious than the actual dish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I very recently ate this at my friend's place & was amused! I got the recipe from her which is more Indianised.
    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice dish. Its like the indo-chinese version of kothu parota :-).Never tried it..will definetly try it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. colourful noodles...surely kids will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Captivating and a quick recipe to look forward to . Brilliant, wish to try it.

    http://sanscurryhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice try dear,wonderful idea..looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  26. awesome idea dear....love this recipe...bookmarked to try....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Delicious recipe...love the idea of turning leftover chapathi into such an interesting recipe....Beautiful clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  28. my grandma used to make..love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. sharmi....this is the same way i do it ...same pinch :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. a cool idea dear, looks great, jus pass me that platter :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi,You have very beautiful blog first time on your blog love the recipe ;)

    http://hyderabadicuisinerecipes-angel.blogspot.com/2011/07/announcing-event-whats-everyone-having.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great recipe,looks so delicious and inviting too...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey sharmi, my mom will make this during my school days with the left overs. That time,I used to think wow my mom is one genius. Thanks for reminding me about this dish, I totally forgot about it.
    Sweets, even you are also very smart :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely idea to have a treat for my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great idea and excellent clicks.

    I recently posted a recipe for Mini Mango Cheesecake . Please have a look at it when you have time.

    -Lavanya.
    http://recipecongeries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. This looks perfect and awesome. Nice evening snack or breakfast. Yummy, will try this for my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Perfect dish with leftover chapathis:)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awesome idea, love this chapati noodles...yum yum yum :)

    http://vegetarianmedley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a great idea. Bookmarked, I'm trying this out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I shared some awards with u...please collect them from my blog...tc..enjoy..:)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I shared some awards with u...please collect them from my blog...tc..enjoy..:)

    ReplyDelete
  42. This's a brilliant idea, never tried this before. Now I know what to do with those left over chappatis...!

    ReplyDelete
  43. It is something like Kuthuparatha right? (which you will get it in TamilNadu)Nice try

    ReplyDelete
  44. @Vanamalar : Yes kind of same as kothuparota but in a chinese version :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. I have never heard of something like this. Tried it today, me and my hubby never had a better breakfast. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  46. this is so creative- looks super yummy!!
    http://chefpriyanka.com

    ReplyDelete