Sunday, July 31, 2011

Eggless Banana Muffins (Eggless Banana Nut Muffins)

I know many of you might get surprised when I say I dont like bananas in their true form. The only disguise of banana I can have is in the form of milkshakes but after trying these banana muffins I changed my mind :) I found the url while googling for banana muffins and I instantly tried it by halfing the measurements and it came out soo good.


Recipe


Eggless Banana Muffins Recipe

Recipe Reference : Paajaka


Ingredients:
  • Flour - 3/4 cup minus 1 tbsp (125 gms)
  • Banana - 2 big sized (I used moris yellow variety like the ones in the pics)
  • Oil - 1/4 cup (60 ml) - You can replace with butter too
  • Granulated Sugar - 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (65 gms)
  • Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
  • Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp (optional)
  • Walnut finely chopped - 2 tbsp


RecipeMethod:

  1. Sieve maida, baking soda and baking powder atleast twice, keep aside.
  2. Peel the skin of the banana and mash them well (I grinded it to a smooth paste). Add oil, milk, vanilla essence and mix well. Fold in sugar and mix well until sugar completely dissolves.
  3. Add sieved maida , baking powder and baking soda mixture and mix well until a creamy mixture is formed. Add the chopped walnuts, reserve little for topping.
  4. Preaheat oven to 190 deg C. Meanwhile spoon the mixture in the muffin tray till 3/4th, , add in the remaining walnuts and bake it for 20-27mins. Check in after 25mins and bake accordingly.


Recipe
My Notes:
  • I have tried with the same measurement with 1/8 cup of oil and 1/8 cup of milk instead of full 1/4 cup oil and the muffins texture and tastewise there was no much of difference.
  • You can use any type of banana, I used Moris yellow variety. Adjust sugar according to the banana variety you choose.
  • The muffins raise up well in the first 15mins of baking itself. For the above mentioned measurement I got 5 medium sized muffins.
  • It is very soft and fluffy and keeps well for 2 days.
  • Dont skip adding nuts the crunchiness is too good with the banana flavour.
Recipe


When I tried it for the first time the top was cracked, though I took these set of pics, I thought I have gone wrong somewhere so didnt mean to post it. Once when I saw banana muffins in a famous english bakery here the top was fully cracked, also after discussing with friends I made up mind that I had not gone wrong anywhere. And now me and hubby who are so aversed to banana enjoy these muffins to the core.


Recipe

My hubby tasted these muffins and just loved it that he wanted another batch the next day itself :) Its kind of addictive the vanilla essence with the banana flavour tastes out of the world. Though vanilla essence is not given in the orginal recipe we liked the blend of flavours so I recommend adding it.



Recipe
As usual my texture showing technique ;)


My only plight while baking muffins is the muffin liners as the ones I had were too small for the muffin tray I own so this time I didnt use liners at all. Now finally I've found one that fits my tray though not so colorful and fancy. Wait for my other muffin posts to see them in action :)



Recipe


46 comments:

  1. OMG! looks yummy and very nice recipe without eggs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have raised beautifully and the texture looks so spongy... So yum for the egg-less version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came out just perfect !!! I like bananas in their true form but not cooked .. Looks great ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eggless muffins, nice recipe, I must try.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. even i love the taste which we get by blending banana and vanila essence.perfect muffins and great clicks

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy ...looks really soft and fluffy

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look perfect Sharmi. Even when I made muffins, they got a big crack on the top. I felt very bad. But later on I came to know that some will turn out like that. So its fine.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The muffins looks so puffed up super cute. Nice recipe sharmi :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so cute pictures! Loved it! I looove banana muffins :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious muffins. I love them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Muffins look soft and spongy.. Tempting clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the texture...yummy muffins

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love banana muffins...i tried cake n muffins two to three times...but it didntcome out well....will try urs...cute n perfect muffins...

    ReplyDelete
  14. yummy.. i am also planning to make this very soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks soo fluffy:-) lovely clicks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Muffins look soft and spongy.. Tempting clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow a very similar recipe.The faint tinge of bananas in every bite with the crunch of nuts in between,this one's a sure winner!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks so gud ...always love banana cake/muffin ....nice pics

    ReplyDelete
  19. banana muffins ooks absolutely delish...loved your clicks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how chubby n fluffy they look ~ beautiful classic presentation!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the texture,flavorful and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Chubby muffins :) Love their perfect shapes and they look nice without liners too :)Lovely version of banana muffins :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Banana - walnut combo is always a hit.:) Your clicks are awesome as always.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ohhhh. they are perfect. porous tooo..

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  25. These muffins look really delicious and fluffy, can't believe there are no eggs in them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Banana muffins looks soft, spongy, yummy and tempting. Very nicely prepared. Thanks for your lovely recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  27. egg less muffins!! nice texture and color....will try this

    ReplyDelete
  28. Banana muffins minus eggs should bring out the all natural flavour of the fruit! :)

    They look perfect, shrmee :)culdnt help smile wide enjoying ur texture showing technique :))

    btw r u non vegetarians?

    ReplyDelete
  29. @Bharathy : Yes we are nonvegetarians but I dont cook nonveg :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow a drolling muffins.Dfntly will be a yummy yummy muffins.Liked the ingredients used in this.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Eggless muffins looking very soft and yummy. i have never tried eggless , wasnt sure if it wud be soft. thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love banana muffins...this sure looks healthy, yummy and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks so fluffy and delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. even i have thought cracks as failures. Perfect texture of the muffins sharmi!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Looks delicious and perfect. May be you can avoid cracking of the top by filling 3/4 th of muffin , that way they don't puff up too much.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have been following your blog regularly...am new to this....and wanna soon experiment with the two B's...baking and blogging ;)
    tried these muffins....and they turned out pretty fine....soI kind of cleared the entrance exam :-)

    ReplyDelete