Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mango Lassi | Easy Mango Recipes

The first thing I did this summer was to list down the mango recipes to try as I missed it last year and seeing so many recipes in the blogsphere made me to regret later. So this time I was well planned and now contented to clear off most of the items in my to try list except for mango tarts and mango icecream :) So most probably this will be my last mango recipe for this summer.For more mango recipes that I experimented this summer check here


Mango Lassi Recipe


Mango Lassi Recipe

Makes 2 cups




Ingredients:


  • Mangoes chopped - 1 cup
  • Thick Curd(Yogurt) - 1/2 cup
  • Sugar - 1 tbsp
  • Water - 1/4 cup
  • Icecubes - 2 to 3 cubes crushed (I didnt add as my mangoes were already chilled)
  • Chopped nuts - for garnish (optional)


Mango Lassi RecipeMethod:

  1. Add mango pieces, yogurt, sugar, water, icecubes in a mixer/blender. If using a mixer then use the whip option to and whip it until smooth.
  2. Adjust water accordingly to the thickenss of the lassi. Check for sweetness and add more if you want.
  3. Serve chilled and garnish with nuts.
Mango Lassi Recipe


My Notes :
  • If your mangoes are of juicy variety the lassi would be thicker. If you prefer a thinner consistency of mango lassi
  • Adjust water and icecubes accordingly.
  • Adding honey will also give a good taste to the lassi
Mango Lassi Recipe


Have I told you before I love clicking drinks/beverages....I feel totally comfortable clicking drinks and beverages than the rotis, rice and parathas. And I was very much tempted while clicking this yummy mango lassi that soon after clicking I finished off 1 cup of lassi in no time :)


Mango Lassi Recipe


I used Banganapalli variety, you can use any variety neelam will be apt for this lassi. You can garnish with either chopped nuts or fresh mint leaves. In my case, Mint leaves were already over so had to go with nuts. Anything with mangoes can it go wrong?! No way enjoy this yummy drink!


Mango Lassi Recipe

54 comments:

  1. Slurp..drooling here.Its so yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect mango lassi...whenever i go to hotel i order for mango lassi...thats looks yummmy n tempting...lovely presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just feel like having a sip, beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully made and well presented..Looks divine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unlike your Sharmi I find it difficult to click the drinks. It is the hardest part. I find the clicks so refreshing and soothing to the eyes. Thanks for the visual treat Pa.


    Event: Let's Cook – Subzis for Rotis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so smooth and yum... Nice clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  7. the jujubs on the edge are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made the simple recipe look so exotic :) yummy and the pics are fantastic :) Love those flowers at the backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh la la- it looks refreshing, very inviting and ready to be slurped !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Just loved the presentation too..

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful and lovely..nice presentation too...

    ReplyDelete
  12. one of my favs..though i very rarely get to have it :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. that looks so yummy... i am drooling..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not a fan of Mango but I really loved the way you presented the drink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow what a beautiful presentation and yummy mango lassi...drooling here

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely color and my fav. lassie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i too love the jujubs on the side and both mano lassi and the jujubs are my fav.nice clicks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow.. Tempting Lassi.. Nice clicks and wonderful presentation.. I too like those flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful clicks, looks delicious & refreshing. Thanks for visiting me & for all your lovely comments. I'm following you now. I would love if you would follow me, if you find my blog interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome presentation dear..refreshing and yummy drink..

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love lassi and mango flavor is only of my favorites...thanks for sharing this lovely recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Only if i got fresh mangoes, they look absloutley so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gosh.. I love mango lassi.. I just love it so much that I want to have it every day :D Love your pictures. I am drooling :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it.. the clicks are drool worthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A classic n exotic drink! Looks superb.
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  26. That sure is the easiest and most satisfying one :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sharmi pass me that glass pls...looks so yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely delicious mango lassi.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely recipe...excellent presentation...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sharmi.. all the pictures are gorgeous.. love it totally. NO words on lassi.. i would be happy if u pass me a glass.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love love love mango lassi!!

    http://vegetarianmedley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ooohhh!! What a lovely colour!! A glass full of creamy thick sweet delight!! Lovely pictures, making me drool :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Everybody's favorite lassi :)The color is so bright and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looks very delectable. The heat wave has just started to engulf us so that we can enjoy these refreshing smoothies and shakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. What gorgeous presentation..love your clicks....you have become a pro now in photography!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Lovey mango lassi and pretty presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wonderful clicks and the lassi....

    ReplyDelete
  38. just had a peach smoothie, but now I want one mango lassi too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very beautiful looking mango lassi. Love the beautiful colour of the lassi. Thanks for your comment on my blog.

    http://spoon-and-chopsticks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. ur recipes are so nice and tempting. i love ur photography very much.

    ReplyDelete
  41. looks wonderful n nice clicks!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. what gorgeous pictures !! i would gulp that down in an instant :D i love mangoes !

    ReplyDelete
  43. a classic and always a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a beautiful color that is! I can't believe I've never made a mango lassi, they're so simple but they must taste so good! I'll have to try it :D

    ReplyDelete