Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Eggless Vanilla Pudding | Easy custard pudding

This post is specially dedicated to hubby not only that he likes this pudding. But for all those pains he took to get me these coloured ramkeins. When nithi told me about these cute colored ramkeins she got, I was way too tempted when I saw them in her space. We searched many shops in CBE, spent around 3 hrs of searching only to reach home with disappointed face(s). When hubby went to Chennai on a days trip, he found 2 colors that I have used in these pics and the next time found 3 other colors too... Yayy I was so happy.Now u know the reason why I use those ramkeins often?! :)


Check out nithis beautiful version of vanilla caramel pudding with eggs
Also check out my easy eggless chocolate pudding that I posted sometime back


Recipe
Hubby is not a regular reader of sharmispassions and am not even sure whether he will read this post but I never forget to force him to see my clicks and read the comments I receive... ;) But I should say he is my best critic and a great supporter for this space.He is mittus caretaker most of the times when I am busy clicking pics even when the photoshoot takes upto an hr attimes.


I hate shopping alone even when it comes to food props so all my shopping is accompanied by him. Now he even suggests better props than me :) Aah I have spoken so much now let me stop and get onto the recipe :O
Recipe




Eggless Vanilla Pudding Recipe:

Recipe Source : JellyBelly

Makes 3 small ramkein cups

    Ingredients:

    • Milk - 1 cup
    • Sugar - 1/4 cup
    • Custard powder(Vanilla flavored) - 1.5 tbsp
    • Butter - 1/2 tbsp


    Recipe
    Method:
    1. In a bowl mix sugar, custard powder and little cold milk(say 2 tbsp). Mix well until sugar dissolves completely and it forms a thick paste without any lumps. Keep aside.


    2. Heat the milk in a nonstick pan in medium flame until bubbles form at the sides. Now add the custard powder sugar paste to the milk and start stirring.


    3. After the mixture is added, keep in low flame and keep stirring, take care to avoid lumps forming. Add butter and keep stirring until the mixture is thick enough, if you scrap with a spoon it should be come easily without sticking.


    Recipe
    4. At this stage switch off and pour in serving bowls. Allow it to cool for 15mins then refrigerate it for atleast 30mins to an hr for the pudding to set well.


    5. Serve chilled in the serving bowls or scrap the ends slightly with a knife and invert the bowls to get a well set pudding. Garnish with chopped nuts, I garnished with some leftover butterscotch chips :)


    Recipe
    My Notes:
    • If you dont have custard powder substitute with 1.5 tbsp cornflour and 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
    • I used my coloured set of ramkeins as serving bowls. You can use any small bowl so that while inverting its easier.
    • You can use the same ingredients with coco powder and chocolate scrappings to make a delicious eggless chocolate pudding. Garnish with choco chips or some grated chocolate.
    • Its easy with less ingredients and the ingredients are easy to get in our pantries.
    • The consistency is very important for the pudding to set well. It shouldnt be runny when you pour with a spoon it should be thick enough.
    • Getting the right consistency without the lumps formed is the trick here.But believe me, if I get it right for the first time then anyone can sure get it right :) So trust me and go ahead!
    Recipe
    I was really not sure whether the pudding will set well enough to tilt so I took all the pics even before inverting. Finally inverted and was awed to see the pudding set so well with these easy ingredients. Then I cudnt resist myself from clicking those as well :)


    It was creamy yummy with a apt pudding consistency. You can use this recipe as a base and come out with many flavoured pudding ideas as I am doing now.


    Other pudding ideas with the same recipe as base:
    • Chocolate Pudding
    • Butterscotch pudding
    • Mango pudding
    • Strawberry pudding
    Recipe


    63 comments:

    1. Perfectly set pudding :) It has come out so clean from the ramekins :) I am totally impressed with the eggless version and love your 6th click :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Lovely post :) and amazed by the pudding's consistency that it has set so perfect without even egg in it! superb!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yum..the pudding looks quite creamy.An easy recipe to work upon for different flavor combinations!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great clicks and recipe. I will surely try the chocolate pudding. I buy it regularly for my daughter.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Looks so tempting and delicious.. Perfect shots too... :)
      Indian Cuisine

      ReplyDelete
    6. Looks delicious and fab pics ....

      ReplyDelete
    7. Simple and wonderful pudding and the pictures are explanatory too.Perfectly done and i love the happy man prop and spoons

      ReplyDelete
    8. delicious pudding dear...lovely colour...

      ReplyDelete
    9. This would go down well with my boys, they love puddings! Very nice ramekins too!

      ReplyDelete
    10. ohh the consistency is so perfect loveyyy..

      ReplyDelete
    11. wowwwwwww.... amazing snap... and the ramekins looks beautiful with those puddings... :)
      recipe is bookmarked.. and im going to try your butterscotch pudding right now..

      ReplyDelete
    12. Easy to make and looks so yummy...

      ReplyDelete
    13. Awww .... ur hubby is so cute to find those ramekins for you :) Hope he is reading this :D So you better make good use of it .... he he. Luv the eggless pudding. Delish

      Cheers,
      Satrupa

      ReplyDelete
    14. Yummy pudding.. I love its color.. Nice clicks..

      ReplyDelete
    15. I love this..the way the custard is set is very nice,just perfect!!n regarding ramekins I actually was thinking of asking u..n I got d answer 2day..he he..:)

      ReplyDelete
    16. Very nice dessert.. I end up making this all the time when I have guests.

      ReplyDelete
    17. i love custard puddings n yes i agree about ramekin addictions..i totally love it

      ReplyDelete
    18. pudding has set so well...looks yummyy...

      ReplyDelete
    19. Glad you were able to get hold of those pretty ramekins. So such luck to me. Pudding is so perfect.

      ReplyDelete
    20. I am staunch lover of white crockery. I had a couple of fancy colored crockery which I conveniently passed on to my mom. I did a frantic search for white ramekins in Blore and I finally got them (costed a bomb!). Come down to Blore, may be I can help you :D

      Saying that, your custard looks so yum and well set. Love the way u have presented them. Great clicks!

      ReplyDelete
    21. @MD : I am still trying to find white ramekins but yes hearing the cost I didnt feel like getting ;) Sure will ping u when I am in Bangalore :)

      ReplyDelete
    22. this is cool Sharmi. i was looking for an eggless version for long.

      ReplyDelete
    23. I love pudding. Yours has set so well and look very very yum...Must appreciate your hubby for all the help he is doing..

      ReplyDelete
    24. Wow!!! lovely and cute ramekins. Custard looks perfect.

      ReplyDelete
    25. Very cute ramekins indeed :)
      And the pudding has a lovely consistency... the unmoulded one has set so well...

      ReplyDelete
    26. Wonderful Pudding,luks too gud and Perfect...Thanks for sharing the eggless version.

      ReplyDelete
    27. awesome recipe dear.....OMG perfect!! and your clicks make my mouth water....

      ReplyDelete
    28. Pretty ramekins and pretty pudding :)

      ReplyDelete
    29. Awww ~ such a cute post :) The pudding looks devourable with the perfect creamy texture!
      US Masala

      ReplyDelete
    30. Perfect consistency,looks so delicious..will surely give this a try

      ReplyDelete
    31. Oh Thanks Sharmi for trying a recipe from my space,am already ur follower so I get the updates ,love the ramekins , beautiful presentation n altogether ,it's awesome..I myself have a plan to make butterscotch pudding with this recipe as a base..

      ReplyDelete
    32. @Shanavi : I never knew u were my follower :) Anyways thanks for such a nice keeper recipe!

      ReplyDelete
    33. Hi, I've made numerous recipes form your site and they've always been a hit. However, this is the first time I'm commenting here!! What has led me to de-lurk are your wonderful ramekins :) I've been trying to find them in Bangalore but in vain :( Where in chennai did you buy them from? MY husband will be going there in a few weeks time and I would appreciate any information you can give. Thanks!! And also thanks for sharing all these wonderful recipes...everyone thought I was a super cook. But I duly corrected them and redirected them here :)

      ReplyDelete
    34. The pudding looks so fabulous and tempting ! Loved all the pics too :-)

      ReplyDelete
    35. @Noodlehead : Thats such a nice comment, am so glad reading this!! :) I got the blue and green ramkeins from popad jammal(the one opposite to spencer plaza, mount road) but I suggest you to go to CurrimBhoys Adyar branch....there I found all 6 colors in bulk each 24 rs :)

      ReplyDelete
    36. Wow luks so tempting!!! Nice clicks tooo
      Happy 2 follow u!!!

      thesaji.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    37. nice consistency..perfectly set pudding Sharmilee! :)

      ReplyDelete
    38. Pudding looks fantastic ... We bloggers are soo obsessed with crockery :)

      ReplyDelete
    39. Have never tried eggless version def looks beautiful!!

      ReplyDelete
    40. Wow...creamy perfect custard...Loved the clicks and beautiful props...

      ReplyDelete
    41. the pudding looks fabulous, very yummy dear..

      ReplyDelete
    42. Loved you colourful ramekins... So do the pudding :)

      ReplyDelete
    43. Hi Sharmiliee, the pudding is gorgeous. I have just bought a packet of custard powder. Thought of trying pudding for the first time. See, here comes your recipe and inspires me to go ahead and try. I dont have ramekins either. Yet to buy this weekend. Will let you know how it turned out to be. All your pics are fantastic. Excellent shots. Lovely colours :)

      ReplyDelete
    44. Lovely colors of the ramkeins. I love the store @ Adayar. They have a nice collection.
      Perfectly set Pudding.

      ReplyDelete
    45. Pretty dessert and beautiful ramekins :-)

      ReplyDelete
    46. So neatly done custard.. love your clicks as usual..
      Event: Serve It - Grilled

      ReplyDelete
    47. Vanilla Pudding looks super delicious.. very nice clicks..

      ReplyDelete
    48. Luv going miles to make your passions come true! Surprising that you dedicated this post for me!

      ReplyDelete
    49. @Prakash :And special thanks to u for being a huge support to make my passions come true :) Finally a comment from you, Yayy!!

      ReplyDelete
    50. Perfect recipe, you posts are easy to follow

      ReplyDelete
    51. Pudding looks very yummy and tempting me.
      Thanks for your eggless version and will try it soon.

      ReplyDelete
    52. Sharmi - thanks so much for making the time to respond to my comment. I really appreciate it :) I've already asked relatives in Chennai to buy them so they can send it along with my husband! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Btw, I seem to remember that you live in CBE. My in-laws stay there too, in Vadavalli :)

      ReplyDelete
    53. @Noodlehead :Yes I live in CBE only...:)Hope u get ur ramkeins soon :)

      ReplyDelete
    54. wow Sharmi loved this .....I am bookmarking this to try :)

      ReplyDelete