Friday, July 1, 2011

Chikku Milkshake (Sapota Milkshake)

Milkshakes are always my favorite either fruit or flavoured ones and this chikku milkshake is my recent favorite since the day I tried it.
Chikku Milkshake  Recipe


Chikku Milkshake Ingredients:

Makes 2 cups

  • Cold milk - 2 cups
  • Ripe chikko (skin peeled, deseeded and chopped finely) - 1 cup
  • Honey - 2 tsp (asdjust as per taste)




Chikku Milkshake Recipe


Method:
  1. Blend the chikko with 1/2 cup milk in amixer for 30seconds till the chikko becomes pastey .
  2. Add the remaining milk, honey and blend for 10 more seconds.
  3. Garnish with honey if preferred and server chilled


Chikku Milkshake Recipe

My Notes :
  • Adding sugar or honey is purely your choice but I like the honey flavour in this.
  • You can also add a small scoop of vanilla icecream and blend it along with the milkshake for a richer taste.
  • Choose ripe sapotas for milkshake
Chikku Milkshake Recipe

This is sure a healthy and tasty alternative to the store bought tinned drinks. Its not only tasty but sure a healthy drink too.




Chikku Milkshake Recipe


Even during the days when I was not fond of most of the fruits, this sapota was one among my favorites. But I'm trying the milkshake idea only for the first time now and sure to make it often hereafter :)


Chikku Milkshake Recipe


29 comments:

  1. cute n nice presentation!!even i like to have it in the form of milkshake!!thats yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had this fruit in years .. milk shake looks yummy.

    Vardhini
    Event: Fast food not Fat food

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss this fruit too!!!! this juice must be very yummy!!!! :)
    Happy Blogging!!!!
    Food Blog News Daily
    Good Food Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of my favorite milkshake after mango...luv 2 hv this anytime..looks yummy..loved those tiny things behind...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy milkshake,loved it...very cute presentation, brilliant clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy milkshake.. superb clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  7. delicious milkshake and lovely presentation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so creamy n thick, by the way, loved ur cute presentation n the cutie clay pots..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Delicious Milkshake, miss the sweet Sappota here. We get frozen ones but not as good so never tried making milkshake with the frozen Chikku.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love chikko and this is definitely very delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice milkshake .. I love sapota too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soo creamy n yummy:-)Cant take my eyes off it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy shake. I love chikku shake a lot :) I used to add some cocoa powder or chocolate ice cream along with it. It makes a fantastic combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love chikoo milkshake its tastes divine and so yumm....I miss these so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum..I need this when I visit your place, Sahrmilee :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is my all time fav. Looks so cool. Great and neat clicks... YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chikku shake always make me nostalgic..brings back a lot of memories from college days and a dear frined whose fav was this shake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. the chikku milkshake looks packed with goodness...:) we love having them at home...that glass u served it in looks really cute too...:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So creamy and highly inviting shake,yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Delicious looking milkshake lovely pictures too

    ReplyDelete
  21. So healthy and creamy inviting milkshake,nice clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. healthy, creamy and delicious shake...:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't know about chikko fruit...the milkshake sure looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! This is one of my favorite. I don't find chikku in US...so totally miss it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh great! one of the finest asian fruit. This is perhaps the first time that I'm gonna savor the sweet taste of chikko as milkshake.

    ReplyDelete